cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Outbound Caller ID doesn't have anything set by default

DamienGM
Listener

I'm trying to set Outbound Caller ID for our new Zoom Phone account. 

Firstly, why is there no default setting for all accounts to use one number, I can't seem to find anything. Anyone who doesn't have Outbound Called ID set cannot make outbound calls.

Secondly, when I got into each user and look at the Outbound Caller ID dropdown, there is nothing I can select. In our Phone Numbers section there is the initial number we got on Zoom Phone sign up, and 2 pending numbers which are porting in. the initial Zoom Phone number is working fine. To set the Outbound Caller ID, I have to add it in as a Custom number. Then after that the  Outbound Caller ID dropdown is populated and I can now select that number, and then remove the custom number. seems too round about. Where do I set the dropdown selection?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

please see attached screen shots for company info->account settings->outbound caller id.

to select which caller id you want to display on outgoing calls, use the drop down on the dial pad.  the drop down is available on desktop clients and mobile clients.  please see attached screen shots.

as admin, you can limit what users can select as caller id.   happy to provide details.

thanks

eliot

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

enielsen
Participant

Hmm, for ours the default main number set in the default site in the Company Info settings get set by default for common area phones and possibly for user extensions in some cases when they do not have their own DIDs.

Hmm been a while since I've looked at this, I think the DID used is the DID assigned to the default auto attendant for the default site in the Company Info page.

Eliot

please see caller id support articles

Managing the main company number and caller ID – Zoom Support

Frequently asked questions about caller ID – Zoom Support

the outbound caller id is the first telephone number listed on your Main Auto Receptionist
Profile.  

as explained in the support articles above, admins can control what caller id's users can display. 

if permitted by admin settings, users can select what caller id number is used for outgoing calls such as main company number, a call queue number, and their own direct telephone number.

thanks

eliot

Hi, reading the first link, there is no CallerID field in Company Info->Account Settings: Settings (we are not multisite). Its not because we are in Australia? We also have a normal number and toll free number.  I've assigned both numbers to the main auto receptionist, but that doesn't seem to have worked either. 

Eliot

please see attached screen shots for company info->account settings->outbound caller id.

to select which caller id you want to display on outgoing calls, use the drop down on the dial pad.  the drop down is available on desktop clients and mobile clients.  please see attached screen shots.

as admin, you can limit what users can select as caller id.   happy to provide details.

thanks

eliot

Hi Eliot,

Thanks I think this helps. The language of the section where it has "additional" seems to indicate that in addition to something else. 

Regards

Damien

Eliot

hi damien,

thanks

eliot