cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to Text Address

Jordan_T
Listener

We have a team of people set up with Zoom phone including SMS messaging. They are needing to receive text pages from an automated system that sends alerts out to a group of cell phones and pagers.  The system requires a email to text address, and does not accept the phone number directly. Does Zoom have an email to text address, for example google phone's is #@MSG.fi.google.com, Verizon's is #@vtext.com, etc. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Jordan_T @JonathanMars I was able to ask a fellow Zoomie Solution Engineer around this functionality, and at this time Zoom Phone does not support this. However, I really love this functionality and highly encourage submitting this feedback. Here is you can Send feedback to Zoom. I also wanted to let you all know I have relayed this feedback internally. Thank you! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

JonathanMars
Listener

Did you ever find out how to do this? 

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi jonathanmars,

can you share what automated system you are using and any public documentation?  maybe we can figure out how to do this.

thanks,  eliot

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @JonathanMars @Jordan_T wondering if you could share the automated system you're using and any documentation you maybe utilizing. I believe @Eliot or @Matt-LACA from the discussion on SMS email notifications maybe able to help you out here! Let us know how else we can help! 🙂

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hello @RN @Eliot

What I'm looking for is functionality similar to this:

JonathanMars_0-1707235751133.png

Found on this page https://www.verizon.com/support/text-messaging-faqs/. This functionality is standard with the major cellular carriers. I was curious if Zoom has an equivalent solution. The workflow is to send an email to a number and receive a text. This can be very useful due to it's flexibility of allowing a variety of different systems(websites/ automation) to send emails directly to a Zoom phone. I believe this is what @Jordan_T is looking for as well. The article you linked instead focused on notifying users of a text. I'm looking for a different way of sending one. 

I am looking for the same functionality as @JonathanMars . We are sending from a system called Spok, which is what limits us to sending via a #@domain.com format. As @JonathanMars noted, this is pretty standard among major wireless carriers. I am hoping to replicate that functionality in zoom.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Jordan_T @JonathanMars I was able to ask a fellow Zoomie Solution Engineer around this functionality, and at this time Zoom Phone does not support this. However, I really love this functionality and highly encourage submitting this feedback. Here is you can Send feedback to Zoom. I also wanted to let you all know I have relayed this feedback internally. Thank you! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hello @RN,
I appreciate you looking into and confirming the absence of that functionality. I'll make sure to send in feedback asking for this feature. I appreciate all your help. 

@JonathanMars you're so welcome! 🙂 Glad I could chase that down for you & @Jordan_T 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Jordan_T
Listener

Nothing yet. I'm still hoping for a solution.