cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a softkey to transfer to voicemail Poly Edge e350

AGomes
Listener

Hello everyone!

I'm dealing with a Poly Edge e350 hosted trough zoom that I have to make the path to transfer an active call direct to the voicemail shorter.

At the time I have to hit "More>more>T2VM>[extension]>transfer". And I would like to have it on my first options or maybe replace the function of one of the default buttons, like the one to access the messages and put it doing this function.

I also know that transfer the call to **[extension] would work, but when you hit the * twice it will give you the + signal. What would make you have to wait like 2 secs to hit the * again.

It can look silly but when you are all day doing the same thing you see it's going to help a lot.

I was able to access the configuration file and change the order a little bit, by replacing the position from the "Park" option for the "T2VM" so I am one step closer.

Does someone know a way to deal with this?

My current software version from the phone is Current software version is 8.1.2.1128

I also tried to contact Poly support and they said this option should be done from provider. That's why I'm here.

Thanks for the attention 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi agomes,

please see attached poly documents.

Phone Keypad Parameters
You can configure phone keys in the following ways:
• Assign a function or feature to a key
• Turn a phone key into a speed dial
• Assign enhanced feature key (EFK) operations to a phone key
For example, you can map a phone menu path to a single key press using a macro code. See Enhanced Feature Keys.
• Delete all functions and features from a phone key
Use the parameters in the following list to change the layout of your phone's keypad.
p. 197 of parameter reference guide

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Eliot

hi agomes,

please see attached poly documents.

Phone Keypad Parameters
You can configure phone keys in the following ways:
• Assign a function or feature to a key
• Turn a phone key into a speed dial
• Assign enhanced feature key (EFK) operations to a phone key
For example, you can map a phone menu path to a single key press using a macro code. See Enhanced Feature Keys.
• Delete all functions and features from a phone key
Use the parameters in the following list to change the layout of your phone's keypad.
p. 197 of parameter reference guide

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

AGomes
Listener

Just letting you guys know. I was able to create the softkey to transfer to voicemail by creating an Enhanced Feature Key (EFK).

The steps for doing this:

Go to the phone’s IP address on browser, login as Administrator.

Utilities > Import & Export Configuration

At the “Export configuration area” you export All configuration.

Open the .CFG file on notepad and ADD the lines below. I added near the EFK features but I don’t think it needs to be there.

Also you can use the name as you wish.

efk.efklist.1.mname="T2VM"

efk.efklist.1.status="1"

efk.efklist.1.action.string="$Chold$vm_$P1N15$$Trefer$"

feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"

feature.EFKLineKey.enabled="1"

Then go to the LineKey category you want to have your EFK and chose from SpeedDial to "EFK" or "Any". I put on my number 8

lineKey.8.category="EFK"

Save the .cfg file and import on the same place you exported. The phone probably will rebot.

If you want to disable this option change the line feature.EFKLineKey.enabled="1" to “0”

Attached you can see you it will be.

Eliot

fantastic!

thanks,  eliot