cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure cisco 8845 phone with zoom

Yogesh_vrtx
Attendee

Hi Team, 

How to Configure cisco 8845 phone with zoom, and which licenses i need to purchase??. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer

If I recall correctly, Cisco Phones 8800 series from with a Cisco SIP (some proprietary enhancements that provides additional functionality) that would make it not usable with other Standard SIP platforms. the part number for the Cisco Phones that come with a Firmware that works with Third-Party Phone Systems (or Call Control) has a "3PCC" on the part number. i.e., for your 8845 will  be something like CP-8845-3PCC-K9=  (3PCC stands for Third-Party Call Control, if I am not mistaken). The cisco License SKUs might have changed but if you ask your Cisco Partner for the "3PCC" license upgrade for your phone they should be able to provide.
NOTE: The process of converting a Cisco non-3PCC to a 3PCC firmware is far from friendly, and you need to register a license to download the proper software to load. On top of that, ZTP (Zero Touch Provisioning in Zoom) is not supported for those phones and you need to maintain your own TFTP Server for those phones to work. 
If you are doing it for didactical purposes, great!  Or maybe you might not have a choice but to reuse all your Cisco Phones, and if that is the case I wish you the best luck.
We found our selves in a similar situation, and we came to the conclusion of renewing all our phones to POLY phones was a more cost-effective path; if you haven't done the economical exercise, I strongly suggest you do; for us, the cost of the Cisco upgrade license to 3CPP was about the cost of buying a brand new POLY VVX150, which supports ZTP so it was a no brainer.
I hope this helps. Kind regards.
VC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

You would need a Zoom Phone license and probably want a calling plan.

I would start here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360033223411-Getting-started-with-provisioning-desk-phones

Yogesh_vrtx
Attendee

hi  BrandonS

I am looking for option which Cisco license i need to purchase, so that i can configure a cisco phone to zoom as third party phone?? 

Thanks,

BrandonS

I'm not aware you need any Cisco license,  but that question would be better asked in a Cisco forum.  

If you have the phone and can factory reset it, you should be able to use it with Zoom.  It is listed as supported by Zoom with their Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP).  This means you can put the MAC address of the phone in the Zoom portal and factory reset the phone and it should provision itself on Zoom.

Vinnie

If I recall correctly, Cisco Phones 8800 series from with a Cisco SIP (some proprietary enhancements that provides additional functionality) that would make it not usable with other Standard SIP platforms. the part number for the Cisco Phones that come with a Firmware that works with Third-Party Phone Systems (or Call Control) has a "3PCC" on the part number. i.e., for your 8845 will  be something like CP-8845-3PCC-K9=  (3PCC stands for Third-Party Call Control, if I am not mistaken). The cisco License SKUs might have changed but if you ask your Cisco Partner for the "3PCC" license upgrade for your phone they should be able to provide.
NOTE: The process of converting a Cisco non-3PCC to a 3PCC firmware is far from friendly, and you need to register a license to download the proper software to load. On top of that, ZTP (Zero Touch Provisioning in Zoom) is not supported for those phones and you need to maintain your own TFTP Server for those phones to work. 
If you are doing it for didactical purposes, great!  Or maybe you might not have a choice but to reuse all your Cisco Phones, and if that is the case I wish you the best luck.
We found our selves in a similar situation, and we came to the conclusion of renewing all our phones to POLY phones was a more cost-effective path; if you haven't done the economical exercise, I strongly suggest you do; for us, the cost of the Cisco upgrade license to 3CPP was about the cost of buying a brand new POLY VVX150, which supports ZTP so it was a no brainer.
I hope this helps. Kind regards.
VC

Hi Vinnie, 

It's so helpful, thank you for information. 

Eliot

here is cisco article on conversion of 8845 phones.

Conversion of Enterprise Phones to MPP or Vice-Versa - Cisco

Vinnie

Great article, I think this complements perfectly and it is the information  Yogesh is looking for.

Vinnie

I am glad to help.
By the way, last time I checked, Zoom was supporting only a subset of all Cisco IP Phones that work with Third-Party Call Control. Make sure the 8845 is in the supported list (and any other you might need to register with Zoom Phone).

Eliot

two great  zoom support articles that are very current and that may be helpful:

list of all zoom phone certified hardware including desk phones from AudioCodes, Cisco, Grandstream, Poly and Yealink:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360001299063-Zoom-Phone-Certified-Hardware

zoom features  supported by various desk phone models.  for example, you can see what zoom features are supported by cisco multi-platform (MPP) phones supported by Zoom Phone. These phones are indicated by 3PCC, 3PC, or 3PW after the model number such as Cisco IP Video Phone 8845 shipped with multiplatform phone firmware (CP-8845-3PCC-K9=)

Supported desk phone features – Zoom Support