cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately' setting doesn't work

jammmsmimmm
Listener

I'm recording some interviews, and I'd like to edit the video with each speaker recorded as a separate file. I've checked the 'Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately' setting in account settings in Zoom and then recorded an interview (meeting), then recording to the cloud, but it is still just recording the gallery view. Is there a way to ensure this actually works? 

My end game is to edit the video in Premiere Pro, which is why I want the highest possible resolution video of each individual speaker in separate video files. I thought that was possible in Zoom - if not I'd love to find out what the best alternative is! And if so I'd love to know how to make it happen reliably.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Getting discrete video feeds of each speaker is not currently possible using Zoom Cloud or Local Recording (active speaker only includes a full-screen recording of who was speaking at a specific point in time).

Not too long ago, Zoom acquired Liminal, a company that that had created a solution to this problem (isolated video streams for broadcast, recording, post, etc). Their software is now officially under the Zoom umbrella (as I understand it) - unfortunately, it is MacOS-only at this time and does require a monthly subscription fee. 

ZoomISO - https://www.liminalet.com/zoomiso

Alternatively, if you happen to have at least (1) Zoom Rooms license, you can enable NDI output and push individual participant feeds out on your network via NDI. From there, you can process/record these however you want from another computer on your network using NewTek's free 'NDI Tools' package, OBS, vMix, etc.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bstrelko

Getting discrete video feeds of each speaker is not currently possible using Zoom Cloud or Local Recording (active speaker only includes a full-screen recording of who was speaking at a specific point in time).

Not too long ago, Zoom acquired Liminal, a company that that had created a solution to this problem (isolated video streams for broadcast, recording, post, etc). Their software is now officially under the Zoom umbrella (as I understand it) - unfortunately, it is MacOS-only at this time and does require a monthly subscription fee. 

ZoomISO - https://www.liminalet.com/zoomiso

Alternatively, if you happen to have at least (1) Zoom Rooms license, you can enable NDI output and push individual participant feeds out on your network via NDI. From there, you can process/record these however you want from another computer on your network using NewTek's free 'NDI Tools' package, OBS, vMix, etc.

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jammmsmimmm,  I have reviewed your post and I've gone ahead and marked @bstrelko's reply as an accepted solution. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks for your response @bstrelko

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?