cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Assistance Required for Microsoft Authenticator 2-Step Verification Issue on Zoom

Muhammed_Iqbal
Newcomer
Newcomer

I recently changed my phone and successfully set up the Microsoft Authenticator app on the new device. While I am able to log in to my Zoom account using my email and password without any issues, the problem arises when I reach the 2-step verification stage. As part of my account security, I had set up 2-step verification using the Microsoft Authenticator app on my previous phone. Now, after signing in, Zoom prompts me to enter the verification code generated by the app.

Problem Details:

Even though I am receiving the codes from the Microsoft Authenticator app on my new phone and entering them correctly, the verification process fails every time. This issue only began after I switched devices, leading me to believe it may be related to the transition between phones. I am concerned that something may not have transferred correctly during the setup process.

Steps Taken So Far:

1. I have ensured that both the Zoom app and Microsoft Authenticator app are updated to their latest versions.
  2. I have double-checked that the time and date settings on my phone are accurate, as I know this can sometimes affect code generation.
  3. I have attempted to generate and enter multiple codes, but all attempts have resulted in a failed verification message.

Request for Assistance:

Given the urgency of this issue, as I need to share important downloads with my students via Zoom, I would greatly appreciate your guidance on resolving this matter. If there is a way to re-sync the authenticator app with my Zoom account or reset the 2-step verification process, please let me know the steps involved. Alternatively, if there is another method to bypass this issue temporarily, that would also be helpful.

0 REPLIES 0