cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade issues

PMW05
Listener

I paid to upgrade my account which expires on the 12th May 2023 but today my meeting ended after 40 minutes...any reason why ? and is it possible to actually speak to someone at zoom??

8 REPLIES 8

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @PMW05.

You might just need to assign your newly purchased license to your user account. See this web page for assistance:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004976063-Assigning-a-License

Follow these steps taken from the article:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal at https://zoom.us.
    2. Click User Management, then Users.
    3. Locate or search for the user who you want to assign a license. There will likely only be your single account – click your account
    4. Click Edit at the end of the user row. This will open a window.
    5. Choose the User Type to assign, selecting Licensed.
    6. After choosing the User Type, use the drop down to select the license. There should be an indication that you have 1 available user license if you have indeed purchased one or more new licenses. Click the available license.
    7. (Optional) Assign add-ons can be included by checking the boxes for the add-on. You will not likely have any add-ons, so you might skip this step.
    8. Click Save.

The license is now applied to your user account and you can use it immediately.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hey @PMW05, did @Ray_Harwood answer your discussion? If so, don't forget to click that 'Accept as Solution' button, if this answered your discussion. 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I paid for a 1 year license on the 15th of March 2023. I logged in to my app today to run a meeting.my meeting room was activated. This afternoon I tried to run another meeting it ended after 40min. I went to my account and saw that my account has been downgraded to basic. Why is this so. I have also followed the format you showed above I can't see license I'm only seeing basic and from my invoice history the payment was successfully. I have a meeting by 7pmWAT and links has been circulated. What can be done please

FaithMogbo
Listener

I paid for a 1 year license on the 15th of March 2023. I logged in to my app today to run a meeting.my meeting room was activated. This afternoon I tried to run another meeting it ended after 40min. I went to my account and saw that my account has been downgraded to basic. Why is this so. I have also followed the format you showed above I can't see license I'm only seeing basic and from my invoice history the payment was successfully. I have a meeting by 7pmWAT and links has been circulated. What can be done please. See attached a screen shot of my successful transaction. I need urgent help I stranded

Ray_Harwood

I was unable to view your screen shot, but can assume that if you have a paid invoice, you have a license.

Did you follow all 8 steps shown above?  If you did, and you look at your account on the Zoom Web Portal's Profile page (https://zoom.us/profile), you should be able to scroll down and see this:

Ray_Harwood_0-1679002479098.png

If Licensed is shown, and you are logged into your account when you launch your meeting, you should not be limited to 40 minutes 

If you see Basic there, you have not successfully assigned your License to your User Login.  Please try the steps 1-8 above again.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

FaithMogbo
Listener
Good morning Ray

Yes I did follow the steps. Only basic is enabled, License was not enabled and my payment was successful.
See below my invoice of payment and also a screen shot of the User interface for the User Type
I really don't know how to go about
This
Regards
Faith Mogbo

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @FaithMogbo 

I see that you submitted a ticket about this. This ticket was responded to today. 

FaithMogbo
Listener

Yes I raised a ticket regarding the issue and it has been treated.  My Zoom room is up and running. Thank you for your assistance. Thank you  @Ray_Harwood  for reaching out i do appreciate