cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reassigning a license to another user

ark886
Listener

Why is it that if you reassign a license to another user, then this license is blocked and not assigned to anyone? There was no problem with this before.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

This Zoom support article has more information regarding your question:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/14424120171405-Zoom-error-code-exceeded-the-limit-of-licen... 

Sharing Zoom licences is against the terms of use that you agreed to when signing up for Zoom. Zoom has a single-user-per-license requirement.

Transferring licences  can only be done a limited amount of times per month.  The amount of times is based on how many paid licences  that you have. If licences  are transferred too many times in a month the ability to transfer is suspended for  a month unless you buy additional licences. 

I assume this policy was put into effect to counter people who transfer licences as a way to avoid paying for the proper amount of licences for the amount of users that they have using Zoom full accounts.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Frank_TB

Hello,

This Zoom support article has more information regarding your question:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/14424120171405-Zoom-error-code-exceeded-the-limit-of-licen... 

Sharing Zoom licences is against the terms of use that you agreed to when signing up for Zoom. Zoom has a single-user-per-license requirement.

Transferring licences  can only be done a limited amount of times per month.  The amount of times is based on how many paid licences  that you have. If licences  are transferred too many times in a month the ability to transfer is suspended for  a month unless you buy additional licences. 

I assume this policy was put into effect to counter people who transfer licences as a way to avoid paying for the proper amount of licences for the amount of users that they have using Zoom full accounts.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

SILC
Listener

Hi Frank, recently, one of my members lost the license assignment for some reasons. Upon trying to reassign, the error shows that You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your account. Buy more licenses to increase the limit. At first is was just an ordinary error so I unassigned one of my members to test. Now both of my members couldn't be reassigned with my license. Will appreciate if you can help me fix this as I don't see the reason of buying additional licenses if I already have what I need but zoom blocked the assignment eligibility which is quite unfortunate as this is disrupting my business.

Will appreciate if you can help me fix and resolve my concern. Thank you