cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Merge accounts

DrFlory
Listener

Hi Ray, I have one zoom pro account and two free with different email accounts. I want to merge the three of them. How do I do that? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @DrFlory.

So by "merge" are you wanting to end up with just one Zoom account?  Or are you wanting three accounts ("user logins") all merged under one Account Owner, but with three Zoom logins maintaining their autonomy? 

I'm guessing the former... but don't want to confuse the thread by posting several possible answers!  

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

DrFlory
Listener

Hi, I only want one account. Unfortunately I paid for one account but want to use the email from the free one. They won’t let me change the email in the paid account to the other one because it has been used, that’s why I wanted to merge them.

Ray_Harwood

Welcome back, @DrFlory.

It will take a couple of steps, but is relatively easy to accomplish, assuming that both logins (emails) are each on their own separate Zoom account. 

For simplicity, I'll refer to EmailAndrew and EmailSpencer (random names!).  EmailAndrew is the account that is currently Licensed, and that you do not want to maintain as Licensed, and want the license transferred from.  EmailSpencer is the account that is currently Basic, and that you want to have the license transferred to.

From EmailAndrew, log into the Zoom Web Portal (zoom.us).  Go to Admin -> User Management and click on Users.  Click on the blue Add Users button, type in the email address for EmailSpencer, and indicate you want them added as a Basic user.  I don't think you need to enter any other info.  Click the blue Add button at the bottom.  Log out of the Zoom Web Portal.

Log back into the Zoom Web Portal as EmailSpencer, who will receive an Email asking them to join the account of EmailAndrew.  There will be a blue Approve the Request button in the email.  Click that.  Assuming that EmailSpencer is really the only person on his account and is a Basic account, the process should be complete.  (If there are other issues like it's an account with a credit balance or a Licensed account with time remaining, it will ask if you want that money to be transferred to the "new" owner.  But this won't likely happen, if the accounts are as you've described.)

Log out of the Zoom Web Portal, and log back in as EmailAndrew.  You will want to de-assign the license from EmailAndrew and assign the now-unused license to EmailSpencer.  Do de-assign the license from EmailAndrew, go to Admin -> User Management and click Users, then locate the EmailAndrew and click the Edit button to the far right.  On the Edit User screen change the User Type from Licensed to Basic.  Click Save.

Zoom should now have 1 unassigned Zoom One Pro license available.  Back to the list of users, locate EmailSpencer, click the Edit button to the far right, then change the User Type from Basic to Licensed.  Click Save.

Note that you are still logged into the EmailAndrew account.  EmailAndrew is a Basic account, but still the account owner.  You likely will want to assign the Owner of the now 2-person account from EmailAndrew to  EmailSpencer, but you don't have to do this step if for some reason you still want the EmailAndrew account active.  There can be many admins in an organization, but only one Account Owner.  

If you do want to re-assign the account Owner, first you have to make EmailSpencer an admin.  These steps should still be done logged in as EmailAndrew.  Go to Admin -> User Management and click Users, locate EmailSpencer and click the Edit button.  Change the User Role to Admin, and click Save.  Now to re-assign the Account Owner, go to Admin and click Account Management.  Locate "Your Role" which should indicate "Owner".  Next to that, click Change Owner.  For security purposes, you will be prompted to enter the password for EmailAndrew's account.  Then you will be asked to enter the Email address of the new owner; enter EmailSpencer's email address.

That should complete the process.  EmailSpencer should be Licensed and now is the (organizational) Account Owner.  EmailAndrew's user account is still active, but Basic.  If you no longer want to have an account for EmailAndrew, you can remove  EmailAndrew from the account. For this process, I'll refer you to the Zoom Support article, since there are multiple options along the way.  Do you want future meetings from Andrew to be assigned to EmailSpencer?  Do you want Cloud Recordings to be assigned to EmailSpencer?  More details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005269946

These articles are also helpful:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004976063-Assigning-Zoom-licenses 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005686983-Changing-the-account-owner

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !