cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating multiple vanity url for one account

sajithkumar
Attendee

Hi Team, I need advice on creating multiple vanity URLs for a single account. We need a specific URL for meetings with government officials due to legal reasons, while regular meetings will use main company vanity URL. Only a few people create such kind of meetings, and only those specific accounts require the vanity URL. Do you have any suggestions on how to implement this without purchasing a separate account?

1 REPLY 1

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello Sajith.

You cannot have multiple Vanity URLs because it is tied to the Domain and Branding of your account, however, you can create Sub-Accounts tied to your own account at no cost to you, and each Sub-account will have its own authentication, Domain (or departmental Domain) and its own Vanity URL.
I am not sure if this is something that can help you or applies to our use case but take a look to this piece of documentation:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/215062646-Guidelines-for-Vanity-URL-requests

Now, there are User Experience Caveats of having Subaccounts that you must be aware of, like the users must be on either the main account or the subaccount, each user logins on their own Vanity URL, you must specifically allow Directory Sharing for the users of each Sub-Account to communicate to each other, etc.

In other words, it is like creating a Multi-Tenant setup so if one person needs to create meetings with different Vanity URLs, that user need to have multiple accounts (and licenses), one in each of the Sub-accounts.

I hope I understood correctly what your were asking and helps you; I know it is not ideal, but at least you don't have to buy multiple accounts. We are doing it as we have multiple business units and each one with its own domain, but all are under a single account.