cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't unsubscribe from newsletter. No way to reach customer support.

chawke
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am unable to unsubscribe from email newsletters due to a few technical issues:

(1) The "unsubscribe" link is not a link, just text.
(2) After I click "update your preferences", it doesn't transfer my email address to the unsubscribe page. My email address doesn't appear as a value in the URL, and the email address field on the page is blank -- and also disabled so I can't type it in myself manually.
(3) Probably because of issue #2, even after I disable all email options and choose to unsubscribe completely, when I reload the unsubscribe page it shows everything is enabled again. I assume this is because it didn't tie my selections with my email address as it wasn't transferred to the page.

As a result, I continued to receive marketing emails after attempting to unsubscribe.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to reach customer support to escalate my bug report to marketing or development to fix this issue. AI chat goes in circles, attempting to submit a ticket results in an error, and attempting to email the customer support email addresses I found result in bounces.

Should I just report future emails from Zoom as spam then?

6 REPLIES 6

medwds
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a very similar problem. The unsubscribe link is clickable, but leads to a page on which the email field is pre-populated as {{Recipient.Email}} instead of my actual email address, and the field is read-only. It has been like this for weeks across multiple marketing emails.

UK government advice on marketing and advertising law says: You must make it easy to opt out — for example by sending a ‘STOP’ text to a short number, or using an ‘unsubscribe’ link.

Naturally, when I called Zoom about this, the agent either didn't understand or didn't care. They said they'd email me information on how to give feedback, but this was just a link to a help article that says you can only send feedback from within the app. They then ignored my reply in which I asked for a direct contact. I will make one more attempt to phone Zoom, and see if anyone from the company replies here, before reporting this to the ICO (applicable in the UK only).

What's also funny is that I've had a Zoom account for years, but only recently began getting marketing emails. This is almost certainly an error on Zoom's part; I'm very careful not to sign up for such things.

chawke
Newcomer
Newcomer

I called 1-888-799-9666. Tried to reach technical support. Prompt asked for my personal meeting ID and host ID which I entered correctly but it said it couldn't find my account. Tried twice. Talked to Sales who was unable to unsubscribe me and unable to transfer me to technical support because my account is ineligible for that. He sent me a feedback form and suggested I block the emails or mark them as spam. Will do.

Btw, here are the email addresses I had reached out to last week. I received two bounces (not sure corresponding with which) and as of yet no response from the others. If anyone knows of an email address that works, feel free to chime in.
teamzoom (zoom.us)
customercare (zoom.us)
info (zoom.us)
support (zoomus.zendesk.com)

Kgriess
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having all of the same issues listed above and support was of no help. Wouldn’t transfer me to anyone who could help me and said I’m not eligible for technical support because of my free account. I told her I didn’t ask for these emails and the ways to unsubscribe are broken - both of them - and she couldn’t offer me any other help besides coming here which is super frustrating. I tried to get her to send me anywhere to someone who could help, but she wouldn’t. Please fix your email links ASAP or give us a way out. Your customer service is severely lacking. 

Kgriess
Newcomer
Newcomer

I just noticed upon clicking to update my preferences and being taken to the web page where you can’t enter your email into the required field - that if you scroll down on that page, there’s a link to unsubscribe from everything. And it works. I’m out. 

I think that might fall under one of the original problems I described. For the unsubscribe on that page to do anything, it would have to be tied to your email address. But as you may notice, your email address is not populated in the field, nor present in the URL where it should be: https://www.zoom.us/update-preferences?email=%%emailaddr%%&fr=mc.

So on the surface, it's not doing its job, unless the tying of the email address to that page is in the backend somewhere, invisible to the user. At the very least, it's not a transparent process.

Indeed, I continued receiving marketing emails after using that button. But it seems the last marketing email (which went to spam due to my new filter) was Aug 1. Fingers crossed that's the last one.

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello there, 

I'm sorry for the late response and for the inconvenience.

If you don’t want to learn about products and services we or our partners offer, you can opt-out of marketing communications in the communication sent to you (for example, via email or SMS) or by emailing privacy@zoom.us. You may read more in the Zoom Privacy Statements.

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?