cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Revert to Classic Whiteboard

Cherri
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm using 5.17.5 on my iPad Pro OS 17.2 (21C62)

I see on the release notes (https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0073923) that "Users have the option to switch back to the classic Whiteboard via their meeting settings. Under In Meeting (Basic) settings, users can click the Use Whiteboard by default if available toggle to seamlessly revert back to the classic Whiteboard in their next meeting."

I'm not seeing this anywhere. Suggestions? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Nikki_Kaul
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hi @AnnNadine818 @Cherri @robertapregnaca if you would like to revert back to the classic version, please go to your account settings in Zoom and go to your meeting settings. Under In Meeting (Basic), there is a section titled Whiteboard (Classic). You can uncheck the setting titled "Use Whiteboard by default if available" which will get you back to the classic whiteboard.Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 4.59.19 PM.png

View solution in original post

1. Go to settings in windows zoom app.

2. Click "view more settings" at the bottom of the page.

3. Login to your zoom account. 

4. After logging in, Meeting option will open by default.

5. Click " In Meeting (Basic).

6. Scroll down, there will be an option of Whiteboard (Classic).

7. Uncheck "Use Whiteboard by default if available". Click on Save.

8. Close the Zoom app then Restart the app. 

9. Cheers, you are done. Problem has been resolved.....

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41

KE7
Newcomer
Newcomer

I still can't get it to change back either.  ZOOM PEOPLE PLEASE HELP US!!!!!!  Can anyone here call them and ask them to change for us back.  I don't have calling access....so crazy that we can't contact them.

tyq
Newcomer
Newcomer

I hope this would help out lots of people! 

I just figured it our by myself, after days of figuring it out....lousy Zoom....

1. Go into your meeting like usual.

2. Click on "Share".

3. It will pop-out a new white screen with lots of options. Click on "Documents" at the very top, middle part.

4. You will then be able to see "Whiteboard (Classic)".

5. Click on that, and voila! We're all back to using/sharing the classic whiteboard.

Hated the new whiteboard, lousy and not user-friendly at all. Confusing as hell. 😞