Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting multiple locked objects to unlock them all [possible feature request]

tarunpatel
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

I have a Whiteboard which contains multiple locked objects. I want to be able to select several of them in one go and unlock them in one go. How do I do that?

As far as I can tell:

You can only select one locked object at a time and unlock it. Painful.

You cannot select multiple locked objects even by selecting them individually. Frustrating.

You cannot select multiple locked objects even by dragging around them. Frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there!

Thanks again for your valuable feedback and for clarifying your use case! I understand how selecting and unlocking multiple locked objects at once would streamline your workflow, especially when working with a mix of locked and unlocked items. I’ll make sure to pass this feature request along to our product team for consideration.
Meanwhile, I'll keep you posted on any progress. If there's any update, I'll be sure to mention you.

Best regards,
Jordan Wang

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jordan_Wang
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hi there!
Thanks so much for your feedback. Regarding your question, you can try locking a group of objects together and then unlocking them all at once. Does that make sense?
If you locked the objects individually, is the main goal to select them all just to unlock them?

Hi Jordan - correct. If I've locked a load of objects I want to be able to select them all and then unlock them. You can select them individually and then unlock each one but that can take a while.

Your suggestion above could work but only if I've grouped them first and then locked the grouped object, which I can then unlock. I need to unlock them so I can move a whole load of objects: unlocked and locked ones.

As a comparison, Mural allows you to select multiple locked objects and unlock all of them with a single click.

Hi there!

Thanks again for your valuable feedback and for clarifying your use case! I understand how selecting and unlocking multiple locked objects at once would streamline your workflow, especially when working with a mix of locked and unlocked items. I’ll make sure to pass this feature request along to our product team for consideration.
Meanwhile, I'll keep you posted on any progress. If there's any update, I'll be sure to mention you.

Best regards,
Jordan Wang

Thanks @JOR 👍