cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off status message banner

adamfs
Newcomer
Newcomer

Is it possible to permanently turn off someone else's status message? This never used to be there, is this part of an update? I keep clicking the X to the right but the Status message keeps coming back. I don't want to see the status message as it is irrelevant as some people do not use it as status message. I have removed the status message in the screenshot below but it pops up in a grey banner at the bottom of the screen where the text I have put "some text here...." 

Untitled.png

1 REPLY 1

newl
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @adamfs ,

I have noticed this "feature" for sometime now, not sure when it was implemented.

I can concur with your experience, if you click the "X" on the right-hand side of the chat window to remove the status message, click into another chat window and then move into the previous chat again, the message is back!

I have gone through the Zoom client settings on Mac and Windows as well as the Account Settings, there does not appear to be a way to permanently remove the message.

I can see how it may seem annoying, but I can also understand that some may consider it helpful to "remind" users of an individual's status, so I don't think it is a bug.

If I find a way to permanently remove it, I will report back.

Hope this helps!

@newl