cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Changing Unexpectedly

twight
Newcomer
Newcomer

With the latest release my status is being set to Out of Office unexpectedly. I keep changing it to Available, but when I leave the computer for a significant amount of time, the status is getting switched back to Out of Office.

I can't find a setting for this anywhere.

I'm using Zoom v 5.14.0 (13888) on a Windows 10 Laptop and an iPhone.

10 REPLIES 10

twight
Newcomer
Newcomer

This happened again today after attending a meeting. I saw my status change to In a calendar event, then later I noticed I was set to Out of Office again.

Something is clearly wrong. Should I reinstall?

andyansryan
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is happening to me also. Did you figure out a fix?

Yes. I had an integration configured with Office 365, setting my availability based on events in my calendar. Now that I understand it, I'm fine with it. You can also delete the integration using the Settings Web page. Go to Settings in the Zoom client, then click the link "View more settings" at the bottom of the window. 

Click the Profile tab on the left nav and scroll to the bottom to find Others -> Calendar and Contacts Integration. There, you can edit or delete the integration(s).

thank you for your question and resolution; had the same issue with Macbook Pro 2024; and also deleted the calendar integration and it fixed my issue. Thanks!

Skundra
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm also having this issue. Did you ever figure it out. So annoying!

RDillon
Newcomer
Newcomer

I had a user with a similar issue, I managed to fix it by removing the calendar connection with Office 365. You chould be able to remove the account via the calendar tab by clicking on the email address name and calendar  settings. 

AXG
Newcomer
Newcomer

After seeing RDillon's post. I checked my All Day events and made sure they didn't have a Busy status. So far it's working.

JasonCu
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same issue.  I  followed @RDillon 's advice and removed the exchange integration and the effect was immediate.  Status changed to available.  What was also immediate, was when reinstating the integration, the status shifted back to OoO. 😒  Any other fixes?

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @JasonCu,

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

You may need to set your work hours and days on the calendar you are using.
For example, if your Google Calendar is synced with Zoom, you can follow these instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

do you have similar instructions for Exchange 2016?