cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Zoom Room Controller Application (Logitech Tap IP)

Firas_ghobber
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

I am experiencing an issue with the Zoom Room Controller application on my Logitech Tap IP device. The icons for Microsoft Teams Join and Google Meet Join are not appearing on the controller interface. The only icon that is currently visible is for Webex.

I have already enabled the necessary configurations in both the account settings and room settings to support interoperability for Zoom Rooms, as per the guidelines provided. Despite this, the issue persists.

Zoom room version : 5.16.5

Could you please assist me in resolving this problem? I look forward to your prompt response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

We can confirm that the feature is now working properly on Logitech Roommate 1.11.215 running Zoom 5.17.0.

bstrelko_0-1703083543734.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

bstrelko

Can you please let us know what kind of appliance / compute device is being used for this system that the Tap IP is connected to?

Firas_ghobber

Hey, my appliance is Logitech Roommate 1.10.181

ProsekSupport
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi.

We are having the exact same issue with the same exact equipment. So frustrating. If you find a solution, please post details. I will do the same.

Firas_ghobber

Hi, okay. But when I integrate Zoom Room with my desktop, the three icons (Google, Teams, Webex) will appear. However, when I send an invitation from Microsoft Teams to my calendar, the invitation will appear, but the 'Join' button does not display.

Additionally, when I try another method by entering the meeting ID and passcode to join the meeting, an error message appears saying 'Meeting doesn't exist or unable to join currently.

ProsekSupport
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi. Per this article, looks like the answer is that the Roommate does not support this feature. Supported Microsoft Teams Rooms on Android Features on CollabOS – Logitech B2B Support

bstrelko

Correct - please see Roomate and Zoom Interop for Microsoft Teams in Zoom Rooms :

At this time, Direct Guest Join is not supported by Roommate (however, it is supported on Logitech Rally and Rally Bar appliances, which run slightly different flavors of CollabOS [Android]).

Direct Guest Join launches a portable Chromium browser to connect to MS Teams and Google Meet sessions. Appliance manufacturers need to include this in their release - Logitech has not yet gotten around to adding it for Roommate's Zoom Rooms package.

The WebEx join button shows up because WebEx does not use Direct Guest Join under the hood, but rather a SIP connection.

bstrelko

This now appears to be a roadmap item, per release notes for the latest beta:

bstrelko_0-1701354091165.png

bstrelko

We can confirm that the feature is now working properly on Logitech Roommate 1.11.215 running Zoom 5.17.0.

bstrelko_0-1703083543734.png

Firas_ghobber

hello, 

Hi, 

When I integrate Zoom Room with my desktop, the three icons (Google, Teams, Webex) will appear. However, when I send an invitation from Microsoft Teams to my calendar, the invitation will appear, but the 'Join' button does not display.

Additionally, when I try another method by entering the meeting ID and passcode to join the meeting, an error message appears saying 'Meeting doesn't exist or unable to join currently".