cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SMS with an Auto Attendant

Periquesf
Newcomer
Newcomer

I’m a single person in my business. I’m trying to set it up so that when people call my number they get an auto attendant and can press 2 to leave a voicemail for me. I had to assign my number to the auto attendant so it would answer first. So my single user only has an extension. I got approved to send texts and I assigned the sms campaign to the main number which is the auto attendant. As a result I can’t seem to text from my user account as it has no number. What is the best way to set this up so I can send texts from the main number and have that number answered by the auto attendant? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Ejl
Explorer
Explorer

I've looked into it before, and it appears you can't send/receive SMS from the "Main Company Number", so you'll need to remove that number from the main company number (I don't know if you can leave the main company number blank, however).

I think you'll want to assign the number you want to use as a "Call Queue" or a "Shared Line Group".

Phone system settings > Call Queues.

OR "Shared Lines" > Shared Line Group. 

I tried both and the Call Queue worked better for us as it has more flexibility, but there are some limitations that are irritating. There is no "perfect" solution that I have found that checks all the boxes. 

Comparison of call routing methods (zoom.com)

Ejl
Explorer
Explorer