cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Campaign Rejection

OpsManager26
Newcomer
Newcomer

I work for a nonprofit organization and we have been trying to get an SMS campaign submitted for months. I have followed the campaign creation checklist to a T, and I continue to get vague rejection messages that don't make sense based on all the work we've done to make our campaign legitimate. It's frustrating because we don't use Zoom texting for any commercial purposes anyway- we rely on it to communicate with our clients. Below is the message I got with our most recent campaign rejection:

• Upstream CNP declined sharing request for campaign CWIOFGR. Explanation: Opt in message does not have brand or disclosures, Inadequate details on website consent method

I left the Opt-in Message as it was when I submitted the form (Zoom automatically creates it for you, and I would assume they do so with the appropriate requirements in place) so I'm confused as to how that could be the issue. Here's the message: "Text START to receive text messages from [our org name here]. Message frequency may vary. Message and Data Rates may apply. To end messaging from us, reply with STOP. Reply with HELP for more information."

Below is the info I provided in the website consent method box:

• Description: Consumers opt-in to receive messages when they submit some webforms by checking a box to receive communications from [our org name here]via SMS text. If the box is not checked, they will not receive messages. These forms include a disclosure which states that messaging and data rates may apply, frequency may vary, and they can reply STOP any time to opt out of SMS messages.

Does anyone know why we are still getting rejected? I even sent a screenshot of our web forms to Zoom support, and they said that the opt in/opt out messages we wrote on the checkbox section were adequate. Any help would be greatly appreciated, our ability to serve our community depends on this essential function. Thanks!

23 REPLIES 23

JoePro
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same issue, our company like many others aren't sending SMS as a means of  marketing campaign. Sometimes our clients have our zoom phone numbers and text us on it and we need to respond. I ended up turning of sms all together since we can receive but not send/reply.  This was my rejection and like you said vague and irrelevant since we're not using sms for such purposes. 
"You do not have a privacy policy on your website, /Your privacy policy mentions that you sell data, You do not have SMS disclosures on webforms that collect phone numbers on your website ." Vague like you said...which is it, we don't have privacy policy or it mentions we sell data? I don't even know what that last part means.  It's just too big of a hassle after trying and waiting for over a month to get it set up and approved. 

OpsManager26
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm sorry to hear you're having this same issue. I did hours and hours of work to add the 'SMS disclosures on webforms that collect phone numbers' and it sounds like it's still not what they're looking for... incredibly frustrating and could very much be alienating people in the meantime. Best of luck to you and your org with the changes you've had to make. 

MtDA
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ditto for us.  Our rejection says, "Your brand website could not be verified. You do not have a privacy policy on your website. Your privacy policy mentions that you sell data."

Nobody else has a problem finding our website AND our privacy policy.

If we "do not have a privacy policy on (our) website"...then how can it mention that we well data?  Here IS our actual privacy policy on our website: "No mobile information will be shared with third parties/affiliates for marketing/promotional purposes. All other categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties."

C'mon Zoom, ya gotta help us out here!

Did you provide a direct link to the privacy policy? That's so bizarre... I'm sorry you're having that experience.

I'd suggest adding in your company's legal name to the poilcy. I updated mine to say, "at company llc, no mobile information will be shared or sold to third party...." then included all that you had and that error cleared.

OK, did that and resubmitted.  Pending now...  Thanks for the suggestion!

It's funny that you simultaneously do not have a Privacy Policy and that this missing privacy policy says you sell data."

Sounds like Zoom has outsourced to the lowest bidder the review process and they're just pounding rejections like a monkey on a keyboard.

🤣

Celts

We have similar issue 'our brand website could not be verified, You do not have a privacy policy on your website, /Your privacy policy mentions that you sell data, You do not have SMS disclosures on webforms that collect phone numbers on your website , Campaign description is unclear/ insufficient'. Zoom could be helping its customers in the campaign otherwise its loss for all. 

menadena_comms
Zoom Partner
Zoom Partner

Were you able to figure this out? Our campaign was rejected for the same reason. 

Nope...and a call to Zoom support was met with, "outside our control."

Do you have forms on your website (like a Contact Us or any event registrations, payment forms, etc.) that require a phone number in order for a site visitor to submit them? We rely on phone number collection to corroborate contact records in our CRM system, so we had to update all of our forms with a disclosure statement - like the one I shared in my original post. But it sounds like this still doesn't cut it for Zoom. I'm not sure what more they are asking for.

Celts

We are going to fill out the form very carefully with each step this time and see what happens. Zoom isnt 'technically' involved or (understandably) responsible for the outcomes so we are going to take it up ourselves. It took us two weeks to get rejected. I will update y'all what happens this time. 

Thank you for keeping us updated! I followed all instructions to a T and even verified that our disclosures would work with the backend team... and still rejection.

Celts

Is anyone from Zoom monitoring the forums and have a suggestion or two?

BDTS

For the Opt In message, the error cleared out when I included "you can review our privacy policy here" and included a direct link to our policy (instead of our home page). Otherwise, like you, I received an error with their canned message. I would also include the "privacy policy" verbiage in your description. That cleared those errors up for me (granted, I have other issues now).

Dang!  Wish I had seen this before I resubmitted.  Now it won't let me change anything 'til no longer "Pending."

OhanaTaxService
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same issues as everyone else.  Followed the instructions, used the examples they provided and yet still rejected.  Not happy about the lack of live support for issues such as this.  Looks like as of tomorrow, we'll be blocked since our submissions are in rejected status.  I thought Zoom was a superior phone product but am beginning to look elsewhere.

No, I think we're on our own as our own Ohana.  (went Chaminade in college)

isingh
Newcomer
Newcomer

Our company SMS campaign was rejected for this reason. 

• Upstream CNP declined sharing request for campaign CQK8SXB. Explanation: You do not have a privacy policy on your website. Your privacy policy mentions that you sell data

We do have a privacy policy on our website. Here is the link: https://oakland.gocitywide.com/privacy-policy/

The privacy policy does not say anything about selling the data.

Not sure how to address this. Please help. 

Misery loves company...join the crowd.

ShannonTJ
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm also in the same boat. Including them stating my privacy policy, which says it doesn't sell data, claiming I do.  And, of course, no one will text or email back. 

I don't even use text/SMS campaigns, just some of my clients or their associates, use text to communicate. It's Zoom-tarded to add to a text someone sends to you asking about a meeting "Reply STOP to opt-out of texts. Data rates may apply." 

Is there anyone in Zoom with common sense to know that many businesses just use text to communicate one-to-one or small group and not for marketing? This is absurd.

"Zoom-tarded" 🤣🤣🤣