Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poly VVX Config Page

RCIP_IT
Explorer
Explorer

Hi There,

I'm having an issue where once our phones are provisioned to Zoom I can no longer access their config page. We are using VVX150, 250, and 450 as well as a few d230. All with the same results. Once provisioned the config page is inaccessible. Seems the phones are refusing the connection. 

I'm trying to find a feature with the config page to remove the need to press send after dialing a phone number. I think I know how to do this if I could access the config page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

And you have the Web Interface option turned ON in the Phone System Management > Company Info > Settings (Desk Phone)? See attachment. Just checking all of the bases. 😊 

Craig

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

FORE-Craig

Hi there,

I'm not familiar with the Poly phones, we have all Yealinks. There's nothing that I'm aware of on setup side that controls this. This is just a stab in the dark, but have you attempted to connect to them via a browser using HTTPS?

I hope that helps!

Craig

Yes I have tried HTTPS. The Poly phones we have require HTTPS except the d230.

FORE-Craig

And you have the Web Interface option turned ON in the Phone System Management > Company Info > Settings (Desk Phone)? See attachment. Just checking all of the bases. 😊 

Craig

That was the issue. Thanks for your help again. Never thought that would be an option within Zoom and it's in an odd spot.

FORE-Craig

You're welcome! It is in a rather odd spot.

It's really a good idea to go through all of the settings in the Zoom Web Portal. There are some gems! It's not always obvious what they might do, but usually the support site documentation explains them. You will find that options are added, renamed and sometimes moved; I highly suggest following the Release Notes.

Craig

Michaell1234
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello, slightly different topic, how does one remove the need to press send after dialing a phone number? Any instructions? Thank you! 

The only "workaround" I've found is to dial the number then pickup the handset. I know a bit backwards from users might be used to.

Michaell1234
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you. I have 100 users migrating from Comcast to Zoom tomorrow, and I can already picture the complaints rolling in. 😩 Interestingly, Comcast phones are also Poly VVX models, just slightly different. I suppose it comes down to the device's custom firmware.

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi michaell1234,

these two support articles cover how zoom supports poly vvx features.

Quick start guide for Poly VVX series phones (zoom.com)

Supported desk phone features (zoom.com)

thanks,  eliot

Thank you!

sparrow
Participant
Participant

Can you clarify if your dialing while going off-hook or dialing while on hook? There is a difference between both.

Michaell1234
Newcomer
Newcomer

@sparrow Off-hook. Thank you!

sparrow
Participant
Participant

According to Poly documentation for both the VVX's and the Edge series, the digit mapping timeout default value is 3 seconds from the last digit dialed. Once 3 seconds passes without any additional numbers dialed, it should automatically send the call without having to hit send. Can you verify the timeout on a VVX device by going into the web interface and under SIP you'll see the digit mapping and under that, you should have a time out field like the example below.

dialplan.digitmap.timeOut

Specify a timeout in seconds for each segment of the digit map using a string of positive integers separated by a vertical bar ( | ). After a user presses a key, the phone waits this many seconds before matching the digits to a dial plan and dialing the call.

(Default) 3|3|3|3|3|3

If there are more digit maps than timeout values, the default value 3 is used. If there are more timeout values than digit maps, the extra timeout values are ignored.

Hi sparrow, thank you for the information. I will be onsite tomorrow and review.  This is very useful. 

Eliot

hi sparrow,

attached is a screenshot of my poly vvx 450 local settings.

when i dial a ten digit number off hook, the phone does nothing until i hit send.

i can not figure it out.  there may be another setting which requires the use of send.

please see the admin guide pages 339-344

Poly UC Software 6.4.0 Administrator Guide (hp.com)

maybe someone will find this hp/poly support article useful?

[FAQ] Unable to Dial number if Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a ... - HP Support Community - 8765880

thanks,  eliot

sparrow
Participant
Participant

Your completely missing all your digit mappings which is basically your dial plan on the phones. The digit map (dial plan) works hand in hand with digit map timeout. Take for example 3 digit dialing for 911 or 411, you'll enter in a value of [2-9]11| on the digit map field and since you already have the timeout set in the digitmap timeout of 3|3|3|3|3|3|3. It'll map it no issue. You'll need to finish the rest of the dial plan for local, LD, 8XX number service and so forth. Now, if you exceed 7 digit mappings (dial plans), you'll need to add an extra digit map timeout value for each newly added by adding another 3| at the end of the current digitmap timeout string. Once the phone matches a dial plan and the digitmap timeout expires, it'll automatically send the call to the SIP service provider which in our case is Zoom. If you botch the dial plan configuration in any way, and Zoom doesn't recognize the dial string, Zoom will not route the call and you'll get some sort of intercept message.

sparrow
Participant
Participant

Failed to mention, I recommend you do that via a Zoom Phone (ZP) template. That way your not having to drop in the digit mappings via each phones web interface. The ZP template will allow you greater bulk management of devices in your account such as pushing the digit mappings (dial plan).