cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding VM with Note

rkjesbojohnson
Newcomer
Newcomer

In our previous phone system we were able to forward other users voicemails and we were able to send a note about that voicemail.  It allowed us to transfer clients' VM and give some context to the VM.  The only solution I have gotten from Zoom has been to be emailed all the VM and then send them to other people by email.  This is just not a viable solution for us as we can receive hundreds of VM in a day.  Has anyone else figured out a workaround for this?

6 REPLIES 6

enielsen
Contributor I
Contributor I

So on your previous system, ya'll were manually forwarding voicemail messages with a note (was the note a voice message?)? Or was it automated somehow?

rkjesbojohnson
Newcomer
Newcomer

In our old system you would forward it like an email, and would type a note to send with it.  

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi There,

In Zoom phone, you can add other users ( Say B, C) to Access list of a user ( Say A ) so they (B and C) can access their (A's ) voicemail. Cant add a note. Does that help ? 

sachinzoom_0-1675378464987.png

I don't think that really solves for the problem that I am facing.  We have team A that is trying to sift through all of their VM's.  They get numerous VM's for their team but also quite a few that take more in depth work from teams B, C, or D.  It would almost be more cumbersome to give team B, C, and D access to Team A's inbox.  What would be the most helpful would be for Team A to be able to forward a voicemail to team B, and say I have already done this research and this is why I am sending this to you.  Instead they forward it and Team B has to do all the back research into that individual again.  I am sure I can figure out a workaround but anything just becomes cumbersome.  I never thought when we left our last system that forwarding something with a note would be a feature we would have to ask for, it just seems so basic.

enielsen
Contributor I
Contributor I

As zoom voicemails can arrive as emails, seems like what you want is for everyone's voicemail emails to also go to a central mailbox where you can then forward as needed?

I wonder if you make a Zoom user  with an email address of the central mailbox, then assign that user a Zoom Phone license, then add that user to the access list of a user's extension; does that central mailbox get a copy of the voicemail email messages? I think it will but not sure.....

enielsen
Contributor I
Contributor I

So it seems that if you:

• make a fake user (say email ***********) in Zoom
  • give it a Zoom Phone account, say extension 1234
  • give add this user access to all of the other extension's voicemail using Shared Access
  • then give Team A access to the emails going to ***********  
  • Assuming here that everyone has voicemail to email enabled....

So any voicemail messages will also be sent as emails to *********** and so Team A can forward as needed to Teams B, C or D.

Does that not give you what you want?