cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in IVR Menu

BRedd-ACC
Newcomer
Newcomer

Recently, we had someone mention that our dial-by-name wasn’t working. Upon testing it (we use ‘Press 8’), I would press 8 and then the 3 numbers corresponding to the user I wanted to call, but it would immediately tell me it was an invalid entry. While digging in, I found that after pressing 8, I would have to wait 2-3 seconds before the next prompt played telling me what to do to reach a user. Here’s my question; is there a way to remove that delay and make it instant? It does it on all our IVR options, it’s just more noticeable on the dial-by-name option because the caller has to input more information.

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @BRedd-ACC.

I'm not a Zoom Phone expert, but I do use it for my small business.

It's interesting to me that you get this with the number 8.  Can you test-change the number to another digit and see if you get the same delay?  The reason I ask is that Zoom Phone seems to use the extension numbers starting with 8 for a lot of internal use, and I'm thinking that if you could change the number to a digit that doesn't have any assigned 3-digit extensions, it might go faster.

Just a thought to try while you're waiting for someone else to answer! 👍

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hey Ray.

We use the other numbers for Accounting, HR, etc and that delay is there as well. That's where I figured it out. I did hear back from Zoom support and this is what was told to me.

Regarding your question, the 2-3 seconds delay when pressing the Dial By Name directory is by design as the system routes to the directory you have set up and that takes around 2-3 seconds before the prompt tells the dialer to enter the name of the person they are searching.