cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call queue: caller want to leave a message instead of waiting

Patrice_DSAHR
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, we are currently setting up our call queues and a feature we had with our old system was that a caller can Press 1 anytime to go straight to the voicemail of the call queue instead of waiting. Is it something possible with Zoom Phone system?

Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Firas_ghobber
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Before redirecting your user to the call queue, you must create an auto-receptionist. After that, if the user wants to listen to the voicemail, they will press 1, or press 2 to be redirected to the call queue where your agent can be found. 

Here’s the corrected process:

1. Create an Auto Receptionist: This is the first point of contact for callers. It can provide information and direct callers to the appropriate department or individual.

2. Set up the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system: This allows callers to press 1 to go directly to voicemail, or press 2 to be redirected to the call queue.

3. Set up the Call Queue: This is where your agents will be available to answer calls. If a caller chooses to be redirected to the call queue (by pressing 2), they will be placed in line to speak with an agent.

View solution in original post

Firas_ghobber

Hello Patrice,

For the call queue, if no one is available to answer the call, it will be redirected to voicemail. Similarly, if no one responds to the call, it will also be redirected to voicemail. However, direct redirection to voicemail depends on the value you set for “Max Calls in Queue”. If it’s set to 0, calls will be directly redirected to voicemail.

Please follow the screen share for more details.

If you find this response helpful, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards,

Firas

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Firas_ghobber

Hello Patrice, 

Yes, it is possible to set up a feature like this with the Zoom Phone system. You can create an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system where callers can press a number to be directed to a specific function

reference : Créer un système de réponse vocale interactive (RVI) (zoom.com)

For example, you could set up the system such that when a caller presses 1, they are directed to the voicemail of the call queue. This would allow callers to go straight to voicemail instead of waiting in the call queue if they choose.

Here are the steps to set this up:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Call Queues.
  3. Click the name of the call queue you want to edit.
  4. Set up your IVR options according to your needs.

Remember, it’s important to inform your callers of these options at the beginning of the call so they know they can press 1 to go directly to voicemail.

Please click "Accept As Solution" if this helped you!

Patrice_DSAHR
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi Firas,

I'm in the call queue profile but don't see the option to create a IVR for it. Can you show me a screenshot where the option is? Only way I was able to create an one was by creating an IVR for the overflow but that's not what I'm looking for. 

Thanks!

Firas_ghobber

Before redirecting your user to the call queue, you must create an auto-receptionist. After that, if the user wants to listen to the voicemail, they will press 1, or press 2 to be redirected to the call queue where your agent can be found. 

Here’s the corrected process:

1. Create an Auto Receptionist: This is the first point of contact for callers. It can provide information and direct callers to the appropriate department or individual.

2. Set up the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system: This allows callers to press 1 to go directly to voicemail, or press 2 to be redirected to the call queue.

3. Set up the Call Queue: This is where your agents will be available to answer calls. If a caller chooses to be redirected to the call queue (by pressing 2), they will be placed in line to speak with an agent.

Oh ok. Is there a way so that the caller, anytime while waiting in the call queue, can choose to be redirect to the voicemail? To resume, at first, he choose to wait in the call queue but after a while, decide to leave a message.

Firas_ghobber

This is the feature available during the business hours of call queues, as shown in the screenshot.

Please click "Accept As Solution" if this helped you!

Hi Firas,

Our main Auto-receptionist is configure as your screenshot but one I'm in the call queue, If I press "0" while I'm waiting, it does nothing.

Firas_ghobber

Hi Patrice,

You can follow the steps in the screenshot to find what you need.

Best regards,

Firas

H Firas,

I have setup a receptionist exactly like your capture, I call my number, And I press "1" to access the first call queue ("Accounting"), while waiting in Accounting Call Queue, I press "0", but nothing happens.

Firas_ghobber

Hello Patrice,

For the call queue, if no one is available to answer the call, it will be redirected to voicemail. Similarly, if no one responds to the call, it will also be redirected to voicemail. However, direct redirection to voicemail depends on the value you set for “Max Calls in Queue”. If it’s set to 0, calls will be directly redirected to voicemail.

Please follow the screen share for more details.

If you find this response helpful, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards,

Firas

To clarify, our call queue is not in overflow. I want the caller to be able to leave a message anytime WHILE waiting.