cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forward takes 11 seconds to transfer and there is dead silence

MyZoomPhone
Newcomer
Newcomer

Using Auto Receptionist IVR to Forward to Phone Number. It takes sooo long to transfer the call. There is dead silence. Is there any way to fix this issue? Or any workarounds to alleviate the pain?

4 REPLIES 4

Craig
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @MyZoomPhone 

I have just tested an Auto Receptionist transfer to an external number and I wasn't able to reproduce this behaviour so would you mind telling us a little more about your setup please?

Do you have an option in the IVR that directs the caller to an external number or does the Auto Receptionist simply forward the call? Are you forwarding the call to an 'external contact' or have you specified a 'phone number'? Is the number domestic or international? Do you eventually hear ringtone or are you hearing silence until the call is answered by the remote party?

sullivans
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having the same issue. Has this been resolved?  I have it set up to transfer to and external contact which is my cell phone.  I press 1 which is set to forward to this, the line goes silent for at least 11 seconds and then makes the transfer. I would have hung up long before 11 seconds if I wasn't testing it... 

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer

Can you provide more details? I assume it is either a "Phone Number" or a "External Contact".

Unless you have a Contact Center that gives you more control, phone systems usually rely on the destination to provide the "Ringback Tone" and with that said, I will ask you to manually call that external telephone number and verify if you get a similar "Dead Silence", and if you do, the issue is with the destination number and there isn't much that you can do, except maybe to use a trick:

Create a "Dummy" Call Queue (No Members), with "Max Call in Queue = 0", that immediately "Overflows" to the external telephone number in question; NOTE: make sure change/edit the CQ parameter called "Audio While Connecting" to "Ring Tone". I think that should take care of it because you are introducing your own "Ringback Tone", but there is a Caveat: The Call Queue must have a telephone number of its own according to Zoom Documentation so you must use an extra spare phone number and allocate it for this "Zoom Call Queue"

You could use "Music On Hold" instead of "Ringback Tone" for the transfer if you prefer it.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Kind regards,

Vincenzo C.

Ray_Harwood

Also test by trying to forward to a number on another carrier.  It could be a carrier-handoff delay. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !