cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bypass voicemail instructions

justinmarthaler
Participant
Participant

Is there a way to bypass the Zoom voicemail instruction prompt when you are routed to voicemail for a Zoom Phone user.  It appears that pressing the hash key (#) will bypass the personal greeting, but then the voicemail instructions still play.  Experienced callers don't necessarily want to hear the instructions every time, but I also don't want to eliminate the recording as newer callers may appreciate that.  

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CosmicKitty
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hello @justinmarthaler ,

Yes, you can press *

Thank you! 😺

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CosmicKitty
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hello @justinmarthaler ,

Yes, you can press *

Thank you! 😺

justinmarthaler
Participant
Participant

Thank you @CosmicKitty   I thought I had tried that earlier without success, but I tried it again and it does work.  Pressing #* in sequence will get you to the beep pretty quickly.  Now, if it could be accomplished in one keypress, that would be even better.... 

CosmicKitty
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hi @justinmarthaler 

I tested this in my sandbox and I only had to press * and it worked for me. 

Thank you 😺

justinmarthaler
Participant
Participant

@CosmicKitty, may I ask how you have the voicemail setup for your account?  I have the settings to "allow callers to reach an operator" and "allow callers to check voicemail".  When I turn those off, it does indeed go directly to voicemail with the asterisk (*).  Is there a way to avoid the IVR experience while still allowing individuals to dial 0 to reach an operator?  We're transitioning to Zoom and our existing phone system allows this capability without the additional IVR step.  Having to press 1 to leave a voicemail (or wait a bit longer) is going to frustrate some callers.

Hello @justinmarthaler ,

After testing with those settings enabled, pressing * does not appear to work. Also enabling the option to dial 0 to reach an operator, the IVR menu also does not appear editable. I also checked account level settings to verify whether the menu is customizable and it is not. The account level setting is just a toggle button to enable/disable.

This seems to be a good candidate for a feature enhancement!

Thank you 😸

justinmarthaler
Participant
Participant

I submitted a feature enhancement request - Voicemail Configuration Improvements - personal IV... - Zoom Community.  Your vote is appreciated!