Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to set calls are recorded announcement at start of call

jimmydb
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi All,

I currently have setup an Auto-Receptionist to handle incoming external lines. This has a greeting set to advise that calls are recorded for quality purposes etc. This then routes to a call queue that has the team setup to answer.

We used to have it setup so the external lines were going direct to the call queue with the greeting setup there as well. We found that if another office transferred the call, the customer would hear the call recording advice more than once. This was very frustrating to them. The good thing about this setup was the level of reporting that we would get on which external line did they call, the number of abandoned calls during the call recording announcement etc. Unfortunately this level of detail has been lost as the A/R reporting is no where near as good.

My question is if there is a way to satisfy both requirements ie to have the C/R announcement play only once on a call (regardless of whether it is transferred back to the call queue or not) and provide the level of report detail (i tried to replace the A/R with another call queue but to no avail).

I know the originating call is traced so maybe a feature request to add this to the Org settings as a default message of incoming calls?

Cheers,

James

3 REPLIES 3

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer

Hello Jimmy. I believe advising the callers (in the greeting) the call is being recorded is better done as close as possible where the actual recording is happening, in this case I understand it is happening at the Call Queue, as you had it originally configured. There are reasons for that (legal/compliance) and depending in which state you are calling or receiving the call from you might need to play the recording again when talking to another person, in cases like transferring the call (because of both-parties consent might be required) so it is the safe way to do it.

With that said, you know your case of compliance better to see if applies or not to you.

A far-from-ideal solution could be: Zoom Call Queues are free so you might want to go to the hassle of configuring and maintaining Two Identical Call Queues, one without out the disclaimer for the Transfer Use Cases, and one with the disclaimer for the direct calls. 

If we are talking about a just handful of Call Queues and Membership doesn't change often. You get the behavior you want, with the reporting you like/need, but at the expense of having to manage and report for "duplicated" queues.

Hi Vinnie,

Thanks for your awesome reply. I had toyed with secondary/internal only call queue but I feel across our user base it would cause confusion no matter how much the horse gets dragged to water 🙂

We've actually decided to turn off recording for now, not due to my OP but there were a significant number of calls being hung-up during the recording message. We currently evaluating what the outcome is in doing this.

In Australia, ACMA does require a notification of the call being recorded at the start of a call. I still think a possible company setting would be a good feature addition.

All the best,

James

Vinnie

That makes sense James; sometimes thinking out of the box might sound good in theory but in practice it "messes" with the user-experience and that is something we should avoid whenever possible. The KISS rule is golden:  Keep-It-Sane-n-Simple. At least I hope you had some fun playing with the configuration 😀