cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

polling warning not showing up when multiple sign-ins from one account

howied42
Explorer
Explorer

In the past, when i would login to the same zoom meeting with 1 account multiple times, each subsequent connection would be warned that polling would not be available or something to that effect. Recently, i'm not sure when it changed, this warning no longer appears. Also the polling window now shows up for all sign-ins where previously didn't. The interesting thing is that it lets all sign-ins vote in the poll but which ever sign-in is the first to submit gets the vote. The second and subsequent sign-ins do not get tallied. 

I know it's not common, but in my environment where people share their webinar links and account information, the warning was at least a reminder to people that they needed to use their own account in order to make sure their votes got tallied. 

Also i'd like to take this moment to suggest that there should be control over who can receive or disable polls. 

2 REPLIES 2

abram981
Newcomer
Newcomer

Can you clarify whether the current polling mechanism in Zoom was intentionally designed to allow multiple sign-ins to access polls, but only recognize the first vote?

I am not a zoom developer, but in the past when i've logged in there was a warning that showed and disabled the poll from showing up on sign-ins that occurred after the first sign-in of an account. Since it's changed, my guess is that its a mistake.

It seems like the warning was intentional and makes more sense then allowing multiple sign-ins on one account allowing them all to vote but not know if it was actually counted.