cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enabling and disabling chat

KrisHughes
Explorer
Explorer

I have three recurring meeting which each run weekly. I normally have chat disabled in all my meetings, but I'd like to enable chat for just one of those three sets of meetings.  Is there a way to do this using templates or something? Or do I have to go into settings before/after each of these meetings.

I admit that I don't really understand how templates work, so be gentle with me!!

4 REPLIES 4

thejohnwatson
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi KrisHughes,

Yes, you can achieve this by using meeting templates. Zoom allows you to create different templates for recurring meetings, each with its own specific settings. For your case, you can create a template where the chat is enabled and apply it only to the meeting where you want chat to be active. You can keep your usual template for the other two meetings where chat remains disabled. This way, you don’t need to adjust the settings manually each time. I hope this helps clarify how templates work for your needs!

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

Host tools > Chat can be set at any time while a meeting is running.

True, but using templates can help automate the process so you don’t have to adjust settings manually every time.

storyhub

Disabling/enabling chat is not a property of "schedule meeting" so it is not stored in a meeting template.