Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Scheduler for Meetings

Holstevents
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello,

I have just upgraded to Business to take advantage of Scheduler to be able to edit and send confirmation/reminder emails to registrants.

But, I can't see how I do this for existing/recurring meetings.

Is it even possible? Please could someone post a link to the appropriate help page?

Thank you 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

jdott16
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hello @Holstevents 

I would recommend becoming familiar with the access that a user has when granted scheduling privilege here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061749 and https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0067150

If the above do not assist with your query, please provide some more specifics and I would be happy to look into this further.

Thank you,
Jake

Holstevents
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi Jake,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Unfortunately I don't think I explained it very well.

I have been using the Meetings tab to schedule meetings. We usually have 300-1000 registrants. Attendance is around 100-300. Up until recently we used an external training management platform (Arlo) to handle the Zoom registration and confirmation/reminder email comms. But we no longer use that platform. I upgraded to Zoom Business so that we could do everything within Zoom.

However, I have hit a brick wall. Is it possible to schedule a meeting and then schedule reminders to go out before and on the day of the event through the Scheduler function? I have attached a screenshot of the next event that we have scheduled.

Many thanks Jake,

Catherine

Hello   @Holstevents

Thank you for more details. Unfortunately, the meeting feature does not have an option to send out reminders for meetings that users are registered for. Once a user registers, they get the email confirmation, and that is all they receive concerning the meeting. You can manually send out the confirmation email again prior to your event, and the steps to do so are listed at the end of this comment. 

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 9.47.35 AM.png

If you have a Webinar license, if you schedule a webinar with registration you can send out a confirmation email upon registration, as well as a reminder email 1 hour, 1 week, and 1 day before the Webinar. This is a useful feature; it is simply unavailable for Zoom Meetings. 

If you are looking to utilize email reminders for your events, I would recommend looking into the Webinar feature to see if that fits your needs as Webinars do allow for email reminders to go out whereas meetings do not. 

This may not assist in your scenario as it is an individual setting, but this feature can be utilized for upcoming meeting reminders: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0065537 

Lastly, there is a process you can manually perform to send out reminder emails to registrants, but it is cumbersome. The process is outlined here in another community thread: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Zoom-Meetings/HOW-TO-SEND-REMINDERS-FOR-ZOOM-MEETING-REGISTRANTS/m-p/7...

I hope this helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you,

Jake

Holstevents
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you Jake. You have at least answered my question, which I do appreciate.

However, it's frustrating that the marketing for Scheduler suggests that it can send reminders for meetings. At least that's how I read it. I've just upgraded to Business purely for that functionality.  Sadly Webinars doesn't give us the interactive functionality that we need for our events.

I guess I will need to 'downgrade' back to Pro and fudge our comms using another platform.

Thanks again,

Catherine

Holstevents
Newcomer
Newcomer

Just one more thing. The marketing for Scheduler is confusing at best, misleading at worst. You'll see here that it appears to say that it does work with Zoom Meetings, and I take that to mean that customisable email reminders are included in that.

I really don't understand what Scheduler actually does that could be of any use to us. We run one interactive event per month for which several hundred register, and I just need to send pre-event reminders and a post-event thank you.

Hello @Holstevents 

I apologize, the Zoom Scheduler should allow you to send out reminders when making the Schedule: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061857 

I think it would assist here if you detailed your workflow which could assist in understanding what is not going right for you. "Zoom Scheduler leverages the Zoom platform to connect users to their calendar, where they can generate slots of scheduled availability for attendees to then select a preferred time on both parties’ calendars." It appears that you are creating meetings with registrations and expecting the Zoom Scheduler features/functions to work in tandem with the already scheduled meeting, whereas the Zoom Scheduler is a tool utilized "to save time and streamline appointment scheduling." 

You would use Zoom Scheduler to make an appointment between yourself and another user, or yourself and a group of users where a link is sent out and then all parties involved can see time availabilities to meet, then the person the link is sent to can schedule a meeting with you when you are available. The meeting that is scheduled can be customized and email reminders can be sent out, but this is separate from the meeting with registration with hundreds of people that you are working with.

From my understanding, you're doing things correctly with your events as they are large scale, you already have a date for the event, and you require users to register. Zoom Scheduler would work as if you wanted your attendee(s) to pick a date, and they would then schedule a meeting with you when you are available which shows on your linked calendar.

I hope the above makes sense. If it does not please let me know and I will be happy to further assist.

Thank you,
Jake