Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two monitors with different views during "hybrid" meeting

GIPC
Newcomer
Newcomer

Smart people:

We often have "hybrid meetings", meaning people in the conference room plus people on Zoom.   Our conference room setup involves a laptop dedicated to managing the Zoom meeting with a large (72") monitor on the wall and an Owl camera for video and audio.    Works well, as far as it goes.

We'd like to add a second monitor (and controlling laptop if needed) so that we can ALWAYS see the gallery.  We often switch to a shared desktop view and folks in 'Net land get torqued off because we can't see all of them as they raise their hands with questions.

So, ideal situation: one monitor displaying the current speaker/desktop/whatever and one monitor showing nothing but a gallery view no matter what other foolishness is going on.

How do we get there?

Thanks in advance!

Ray

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

Hello @GIPC

You do not need a second computer with the monitor. Zoom Rooms have dual monitor setups. See the support article link, read it and let me know if this meets your requirements. 

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0068131#h_01FSQFZT84H5649X3VEEXAPA...

Plus, if you had a second laptop in the meeting you would have two audio sources in the same room and could experience feedback. That is never good for anyone. 

Here is a screenshot of one of my Zoom Rooms settings. 

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 4.22.49 PM.png

 Hope this helps!

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Your Zoom Room screen shot shows the actual problem I have. The second screen on dual display won't show the gallery view and there seems to be no way to set it that way. 

NeishaCo
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is great information. Thank you!