cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Says my device does not support virtual backgrounds or blurr, but when I look up the requirements...

SteveW68
Newcomer
Newcomer

My device appears to have the requirements for virtual backgrounds or blurr but Zoom tells me it doesn't. I looked them up. What can I do now?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

Your processor is what is not meeting the system requirements. Your processor is a 2nd generation i5 processor with 2 cores. The virtual background system requirements state you must have at least a 3rd generation i5 processor with 2 cores. 

View solution in original post

RN
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @SteveW68 it's been some time since you've posted this discussion! Just need specs of your device to ensure you meet the requirements from our KB on  virtual background system requirements

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45

RN

Hey @ao915 welcome to the community, and I'm sorry you're having trouble using Virtual Background without a green screen. Is the device on which you're attempting to run Zoom powered by an Intel Processor N200?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

mines an n95 with 16gb ram. A literal mini gaming pc that handles all games. But it won't allow me to use a background without a green screen?

gemrides
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hey there, I have a Dell latitude 7320 with an 11th generation Intel Core I7-1185G7 at 3.00 gigahertz with 16 gigs of ram. Why won't virtual backgrounds work for this computer?

BlahBlah2
Newcomer
Newcomer

I guess Zoom is encouraging us to look for other platforms to host our meetings.  Not easy to consider upgrading a device to host Zoom.

hnguyen
Newcomer
Newcomer

Sorry due to recent staff reduction, Zoom has no manpower to update CPU list. The list will be updated every 2 years, if its Staff can really catch up. Good luck!

I just bought a new laptop ntel® Core™ Ultra 7 165U and my laptop is not 'good' enough for virtual background.

Zoom may collapse as a company if this continues. I just looked at the specs of your processor: The Intel Core Ultra 7 165U is a mobile processor with 12 cores, launched in December 2023, at an MSRP of $448. It is part of the Ultra 7 lineup, using the Meteor Lake architecture with BGA 2049.  https://www.techpowerup.com/cpu-specs/core-ultra-7-165u.c3523#:~:text=The%20Intel%20Core%20Ultra%207....