Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO many problems with Zoom

Amber007
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello!

Last week, I was very busy with back-to-school and Zoom gave me SO many issues that are still not resolved and I cannot get any help from Zoom Customer Support. I can't reach anyone. I am logged in but it says it cannot connect me because I'm not logged in.

First issue, I needed someone to take over one of my meetings so that I could do another one, I have Zoom Workplace PRO. So I added them to my account, paid for their license, and added them as an alternative host, all on my account. That user started the meeting under their account. Then an hour later I went to start another meeting on my account but instead of starting the new scheduled meeting that I needed to start, Zoom kept launching the meeting my partner was currently hosting using his license. Desperate for a solution, I had someone else sign up for Zoom using their email and my business debit card so I could quickly send out a link on that account to start the new meeting - so adding my partner on my account ended up being a pointless waste of money.

Then for two other meeting scheduled last week the links set up and copied and emailed out to everyone who were to attend were not directing them to the correct meeting. It was sending them to the waiting room to the first meeting scheduled last week on both occasions. I double checked the meeting ID's and the emails that were sent out for both and they were correct. So we (the hosts) had to leave the correct meeting on the schedule and go into previous meetings are let everyone join there. It was such a mess. And of course any attempt to reach Zoom support was futile. I had 6 meetings set up last week and half did not work correctly.

Now I am trying to pull the reports from the meetings (users and chats) for the meetings my partner held on my behalf and it is not showing me those even though he is a user on my account. Is this not possible?

I have been using Zoom since the pandemic hit and very heavily for the first two years. Last week was the hardest and worst experience using Zoom.

If someone can tell me how I can avoid issues with Zoom sending participants to the wrong meeting - I would be grateful. This is a new one for me. If someone can tell me how to pull the reports for the meeting my partner held on my account, I would appreciate that very much too. 

1 REPLY 1

colegs
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

@Amber007 - On the first issue, there is no way to transfer a meeting to someone else, and even if you set them up as an alternative host, you would still be the host.  If you and your partners are set up as schedulers for each other, however, you could schedule on your partner's behalf and put yourself as an alternative host, then either of you can start either meeting and you would be good.

For the second issue, that would really take a support ticket.  I have no idea how you can have a meeting link with 1 id in it, and users would end up in a meeting with another id.  I would check the URLs behind the links, though, to make sure the hyperlink is pointing to the same place as the text link.  And you should be able to pull reports for your partner since it is your account, I will have to investigate further to see if there are any issues around that.