cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New license

Marianne66
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, I am currently using Zoom under a license from an organization. The problem is when anyone but myself tries to open/host the meeting, the person will need a 6 digit code that is sent to the administrator via email. If that administrator is not available, no access and no meeting. My question is, if I withdraw from the organization license and purchase an individual zoom account/license, will I be able to grant permission to a select few to open/host meetings if I am not able to open the meeting?  We are a small (less than 40 members) group and would like to enable a select few to open meetings. Cost of this? Is it necessary for anyone who opens a meeting to purchase a zoom license?

2 REPLIES 2

colegs
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

@Marianne66 - If your account allows it, you can designate anyone else on your account with a license as an alternative host so they can start the meeting for you.  I am confused, though, since the passcode should be sent with the meeting invite, and you can even embed it in the meeting join link so that people can join automatically.  There is no setting to send the passcode to the administrator (or anyone other than the invitees), so I am not sure what is going on there.

If you get your own personal account, you will not be able to specify others who are not on the account as alternative hosts, but at least you can include the passcode with the meeting links so people can join automatically.

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Marianne66.

It sounds to me like you are attempting to share one user login among several users. When each new person tried to log into the common-use account, they are prompted by Zoom to confirm that they are the user assigned to the login. One email address equates to one user login account. The administrator or owner should be one person only. Any other people who need to use Zoom for their own user should have their own individual login to Zoom, in an organizational account administered by the owner/admin.

I’d be happy to guide you through the process of setting up your accounts, and educate you and your associates in the administration and use of Zoom. Please schedule time at http://goodclix.com/inquire to discuss. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !