Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My employee is taking the reigns

laboehm
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi All,

This is probably a very simply thing, but I have not done this before. I will have an employee run my some Zoom meetings starting this fall. I understand I will have to purchase a lisense for her, but I'm not sure how the rest of it works.... what she will see at her end, who has to set up the meetings, etc

Is there a document or article that outlines this?

TIA

Lisa

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @laboehm.

Thanks for thinking about this early!  There's time to discuss a few things, and help you decide what's best for you both.

Will your new employee be running all of the meetings on her own, or will you be participating?  What will your role be? Will you be scheduling the meetings on her behalf?  Are there clients involved in the meeting, just employees?  Things like that.

If you're okay discussing here -- so others can benefit from the conversation -- that's great too.  But if you'd rather not answer all of these in a public forum, I'll get some contact information to you and we can discuss separately.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

laboehm
Newcomer
Newcomer

Great questions!

To start with, she will be filling in for me while I am on holiday, then in Sept she will be leading 2 meetings each month where I will not be in attendance. I plan to set up the meetings for her.

In each scenario there will be attendees at the meetings who are not employees. This is a membership that I run and the meetings are part of the membership.

I hope that makes sense?
Lisa 

Ray_Harwood

Thanks for the info, @laboehm.

I think the best thing would be to get her a "user account" on your "organization account" (you are the owner of the organizational account, and also are a user on the account - possibly the only user if you've been a one-person office).  Make her account licensed with Zoom Pro, and then set up Scheduling Privilege both ways (you give her permission to schedule and start meetings for you, and she gives you permission to schedule and start meetings for her).

This way, you can still schedule your normal meetings, but she will be able to see and start your meetings and host them on your behalf.

See information on Scheduling Privilege in this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362803-Using-scheduling-privilege 

Let me know if you need some additional help.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !