cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a gallery view option in browser?

alisonrose
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am taking a class via Zoom, but I do not want to download the app to my laptop. I prefer to use it in the browser window. However, I cannot find a gallery view option in the Zoom screen. When I open the settings, there is nothing there, nor is there the icons in the upper corner like I used to see in the app at my old job. Is there no option of using gallery view when on your browser? It is very distracting to have the speaker constantly changing any time someone coughs or moves their chair or something.

7 REPLIES 7

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@alisonrose - You should be able to change to gallery view in a browser.  There is an icon in the upper right that you can click on to select the view that works for you.

colegs_0-1724124514949.png

alisonrose
Newcomer
Newcomer

No, I did not have that icon in the browser window. There was only the little green shield, and icons to either make it full-screen or to minimize the window. No view icons at all.

colegs

Which browser are you using?  And what type computer are you using?

alisonrose
Newcomer
Newcomer

Safari on MacBook Air. Browser is fully updated.

colegs

Just tried on Safari and I see the view between the green shield and the max/min button.  If you are seeing that, I am at a loss since I cannot minimize the screen to hide it and still see the minimize option.  Can you try a different browser to see if you get a different view?

alisonrose
Newcomer
Newcomer

I don't have any other browsers on this laptop and don't want to download any. I don't know why it's not displaying for me but I guess I'm stuck. Thanks for trying to sort it out for me.

alisonrose
Newcomer
Newcomer

There doesn't seem to be a way to put a photo in comments here, but I am currently on another Zoom in my browser, and again, there is no View tab in the corner. There is the green shield, the recording light, the two arrows to switch to fullscreen, and the box-in-box to minimize it. If anyone else has any ideas about what is wrong here, I'd appreciate it very much.

Editing to add: Here's a link to a screenshot of what I'm seeing.