cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you enable email ICS calendar attachments

DST_OCAC-CA
Explorer
Explorer

I need to add an ICS file with the Zoom links I create for our organization. I tried to follow the steps in settings, but the option is not available. These are the steps I took:

Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
Click the Meeting tab.
Under In Meeting (Advanced), click the Send ICS calendar attachment along with webinar invitation/reminder emails toggle to enable or disable it.

What I put in red doesn't work as there is nothing that says - Send ICS calendar...

What am I doing wrong? Or why wouldn't my Pro Business Account have this option? 

Members in our organization are requesting that an ICS file or a way to add the meeting to their calendar is available. Please help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

warner_mark
Explorer
Explorer

Hi DST_OCAC-CA! It looks like you're trying to enable ICS attachments in Zoom itself, but that functionality might not be available on their platform. However, there are other ways to get those Zoom links into your users' calendars! You could try:

• Copying the link directly: In the Zoom web portal, when you create a meeting, there should be an option to copy the meeting link. You can then paste that link into your email invite and suggest users add it manually to their calendars.
  • Using a calendar integration: Some email clients, like Thunderbird, integrate with calendar apps like Google Calendar. With this setup, you might be able to create the Zoom meeting directly in your calendar and have the invite automatically include an ICS attachment.

For more efficient calendar management and collaboration, consider exploring AI productivity tools that can automate meeting scheduling, send reminders, and even integrate with your preferred calendar platforms.

Let me know if you'd like some help exploring those options further!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

meriment
Participant
Participant

"Send ICS calendar attachment along with webinar invitation/reminder emails toggle to enable or disable it." Simply adds a file to the emails the invite you send that can be downloaded but the actual email is not formatted as an ICS file. You would need to create a calendar invite and paste the Zoom meeting information in it and send it to your invitees. If you want to automate this there is a Zoom app, Salepager, for sending ICS calendar invitations for Zoom meetings and webinar automatically. 

warner_mark
Explorer
Explorer

Hi DST_OCAC-CA! It looks like you're trying to enable ICS attachments in Zoom itself, but that functionality might not be available on their platform. However, there are other ways to get those Zoom links into your users' calendars! You could try:

• Copying the link directly: In the Zoom web portal, when you create a meeting, there should be an option to copy the meeting link. You can then paste that link into your email invite and suggest users add it manually to their calendars.
  • Using a calendar integration: Some email clients, like Thunderbird, integrate with calendar apps like Google Calendar. With this setup, you might be able to create the Zoom meeting directly in your calendar and have the invite automatically include an ICS attachment.

For more efficient calendar management and collaboration, consider exploring AI productivity tools that can automate meeting scheduling, send reminders, and even integrate with your preferred calendar platforms.

Let me know if you'd like some help exploring those options further!