Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing MAJOR video delay - audio OK

maggiepai
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello,

When I use Zoom for any meeting (joining others or making my own), my video is EXTREMELY delayed - by at least 3-4 seconds. People seem to be hearing my audio OK. This is on my PC, but there is also a delay when using it on my phone.

Things I have tried:

- uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of Zoom (6.1.6)
- taking off all the "touch up" filters and settings, and turning of blur background

- using different devices (but I really just need it to work smoothly on my PC)

- unplugging my webcam (the webcam works fine and other things like google meet and facebook messenger have great video quality and my voice and image are aligned! it's just when using Zoom)

I did not always have this problem - a few years ago I was taking online classes through Zoom and it was all properly aligned! This is the same computer as then.

Please help! I need to use Zoom for work now!!

3 REPLIES 3

jh22
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having the same video-audio delay problem you described. I use a Macbook and never had this problem until recently. It's very frustrating to not have Zoom work properly. Looking for help!

If you find a solution, please let me know!! I will do the same - I've bookmarked this page to return to it if I find a solution. I tried to call Zoom, but the phone wouldn't accept my ID numbers! I also tried reinstalling Zoom AND signing in as a completely number user. Nothing is working! I also deleted a ton of files off my computer to make more room. My techy friends all say it should be working, and every other video meeting app has been working except Zoom, which is the one I REQUIRE! 

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_W
Newcomer
Newcomer