cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgraded to Basic - will previously scheduled meetings have a time limit?

lilaa
Newcomer
Newcomer

My institution downgraded my account to Basic. I previously scheduled multiple 1-3 hour meetings with many attendees and sent out a Zoom link for the meetings. They are still listed in my account with the correct time length (I cannot schedule any additional future meetings that are longer than 40 minutes). Will the existing meeting links for these future meetings work for the correct length, or time out at 40 minutes? 

If the answer is that they will time out at 40 minutes, can I make a user with a Pro account a co-host once the meeting begins, and circumvent this time limit? 

1 REPLY 1

ExpertswhoJohn
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @lilaa 

The duration of a meeting is a guide, and Zoom does not force you to run on time and not to go longer or shorter.
If you are now using a basic free account, then all your meetings will be limited to 40 minutes.
The meeting must be owned by a paid account to last longer. A co-host does not work.
If you are both on the same main account then you could transfer the meeting to another person with a pro account before it is started and then they could open and run it for longer.

All the best

John