cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting duration false advertising

Firescribe
Explorer
Explorer

I'm trying to figure out if I can host an hour-long appointment with one other person, and according to the plan sales page online, I should be able to because when you hover over Meeting Duration on the plan page, the pop-up window says, "The maximum duration allowed per group meeting (3 or more participants)." But in my personal experience, and that of other users, all meetings cut off at forty minutes, even if I'm in there alone. Up to two people should be able to stay in there well past an hour.

Zoom is misrepresenting its services. Companies have been sued for such false advertising. I'd upload a picture for proof, but the forum doesn't allow me, but all anyone has to do is go to the Plans & Pricing page and over over Meeting Duration info icon to see what I'm talking about. https://zoom.us/pricing

So, either change the product page to reflect what the service actually is or give back the unlimited room time for two and under participants.

1 REPLY 1

ExpertswhoJohn
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Firescribe ,

The information is quite correct. If you are limited to forty minutes, then this is because you have yet to purchase the product.

When you have a paid version, the duration of a meeting is just a guide for you and the attendees, and you can run your meeting over or under time if needed.

All the best

john Drinkwater