cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App version issue but only when using Windows PC. Not Samsung phone or Apple iPad

sjeffs
Newcomer
Newcomer

Recently I have been unable to log into my Zoom account directly using my Windows PC to start or join Zoom meetings. When I try to log in I get an error message saying:-

"Your app version needs to be 5.11.4 or higher to sign in. Please contact your IT team to update your app."

I am a private user so I don't have an IT team to contact. (I am the IT team and the user 😁)

I am however able to log into my account using the Zoom app my Samsung phone and also using the Zoom app on my Apple iPad. I have tried downloading the latest version of Zoom to my PC but it does not address the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? 

12 REPLIES 12

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi sjeffs,

enter https://zoom.us/download in your browser and Enter.  you should get you to the Download Center

Eliot_0-1686623333382.png

this downloads the ZoomInstallerFull.

Next: Click Open file.  This runs the installer.

Eliot_1-1686623468198.png

You should see the Zoom Installer screen.  

Eliot_2-1686623636913.png

wait until the installer finishes and then sign in as usual to the Zoom Windows Client.

thanks,  eliot

thanks,  eliot

Hi Eliot,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. I tried doing what you wrote 5 times but still get the same error message : "Your app version needs to be 5.11.4 or higher to sign in. Please contact your IT team to update your app."

Could the only solution be to un-install Zoom from my laptop and then install it with the new version? Or maybe reboot the computer first and then see if that updates the app? Thoughts?

Eliot

hi sjeffs,

i have not run into this issue.

maybe uninstalling zoom first will allow you to re-install zoom windows client.

windows->settings->apps->installed apps->zoom ... Uninstall.

thanks,  eliot

It worked! I uninstalled the older version of Zoom and installed the latest one from the Download center. All good now. Thanks.

Eliot

hi sjeffs,

happy to hear it worked.

thanks, eliot

BethTomas
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm running into this same issue and it looks like I am going to need to uninstall and reinstall. However, I am concerned about losing any info I have in the current app and how it would affect my samsung phone app. I have several chats with AI summaries, several recorded meetings as well as several scheduled meetings that I do not want to lose. 

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @BethTomas,

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom should not affect your phone app, AI summaries, or recorded meetings. But to be on the safe side, you may save a copy of the summaries and local recordings on a different folder.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

jmroseFINY
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am in the same situation.  Will try the uninstall and reinstall to see if it works. But if anyone else have any other information or hacks... Let me know!

MGSR

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @jmroseFINY. Thank you for the contributions. I just want to follow up with your concern to see if reinstalling Zoom has solved it for you.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Jane241
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have EXACTLY the same problem.  It just appeared yesterday.  So, I downloaded version 6.1.6 (43767) to my PC but when I try to start a meeting the JOIN screen shows version 5.16.1 as the one I am running.  I see the more recent version on my PC, but Zoom does not appear to be recognizing it.  I'm stumped.

MGSR

Hi @Jane241

Welcome to the Zoom Community! 

I would advise doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of your Zoom app.

Let me know if it works or if you need further assistance.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

What would happen if I just remove Zoom from the Control Panel and do the reinstall?  In other words, is the Clean Install absolutely necessary?

I've never done an uninstall and reinstall, so the thought of a complete and utter removal is making me nervous.

Thank you.