cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom events and license

jimselley
Newcomer
Newcomer

I had a zoom pay per attendee license, and have switched to a zoom unlimited 100 attendees license as it suits my needs better. The issue being it tells me I need to create a new hub but i cannot get into the old one now and have several events scheduled in the coming days - I need to be able to duplicate these events into the new one but cannot access them? Has anyone got any suggestions on this?

7 REPLIES 7

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@jimselley - I think you will need to submit a support ticket (question mark in a circle in upper right corner of Zoom client) to see if they can copy the hubs over for you.  Otherwise, you might see if you can sign up for the pay per attendee license at the same time as the unlimited to see if you get access to the hubs you already have and copy them over.

Hi - thanks for replying - I have a ticket in with support but everything is taking a very long time and my situation is rather urgent.

With regards to the other issues - I still have my license for pay per attendee available to me, however when I log into events now it will only invite me to start my new hub - I am nervous to do this until I have the situation resolved so at the moment I cannot get into my existing hubs on the pay per attendee license - if I create my new hub will I be able to see my old one on pay per attendee? support haven't answered this question

mgstark

Hi there, when you add a new license you will still see your old hub. You just have to go through the first screen to create the new hub to get back to the normal view .etc The PPA hub will still be there and so will the new hub .etc

Note that transfer from PPA to Unlimited is not supported, so those events can run and complete on the PPA hub. At the same time you can create all new events on the new hub with the Unlimited license moving forward.

@jimselley

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

@jimselley, I’ve reached out to you via LinkedIn. I have 2 UK-based colleagues with Zoom Events experience that should be able to help. 

On your events.zoom.us view as Organizer, click the Hub drop-down. You should be able to see all hubs you have access to. If you are owner of multiple hubs and have a new “Unlimited” license assigned, it may not let you proceed until you create the new hub. Go ahead and make the minimal entry – everything on the Unlimited hub can be changed later. 

Ray_Harwood_0-1723415463925.png

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

This is really helpful Ray thank you and thanks for reaching out - I'll have a go at working it out for myself and then if I'm struggling may well reach out to your colleagues - much appreciated

jimselley
Newcomer
Newcomer

Argh - I did create the new hub and thought I would be able to transfer events to the new hub - but looks like I can't as that's on a different license. I'm going to have to recreate all my events from scratch again....

Ray_Harwood

@jimselley, as @mgstark points out, transferring events between hubs has numerous restrictions.

Note that one of the advantages of running your events in a PPA license is that you can easily “flex” the attendee limits. On your Unlimited 100 license, once 100 have entered the event, no more can enter unless you upgrade to the next Unlimited increment – a healthy price jump. With PPA, you can enable “overage” and Zoom will let as many people in as you set the limit for, and if your account runs out of available “seats”, you’d simply be charged $2.50US for additional attendees. This is great for paid events, but needs monitoring if your event is free.

I sent you an email linking you up to one of my UK Z-SPAN colleagues. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !