cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting your domain to your zoom tenant failing at checking cname record

sparkteamww
Newcomer
Newcomer

Trying to verify our domain in zoom. Running into this error message: Domain verification failed "Your domain verification failed because of a misconfigured CName record. You can try verifying again or use another verification method." 

I have worked with the instructions from zooms article: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0057580

And followed the support of this zoom article: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Zoom-Events-and-Webinars/Branding-Domain-Verification-Parameters/m-p/1...

Still having no luck getting the the domain verified. Thank you to anyone that spends the time to assist on this issue.

5 REPLIES 5

mgstark
Community Champion | Employee

@sparkteamww Hi there, it might be the way you are entering the CNAME into your DNS.

For example, if you are using godaddy please go to that domain in the DNS section. Then make sure you just enter the subdomain, if you want events.company.com then the name you enter would just be "events" without anything else.

I have seen some customers are mistakenly entering "events.company.com" as the CNAME which would mean you are requesting "events.company.com.company.com" from your provider. It may be different depending on what provider you use or DNS service, however for godaddy it is this way and that is pretty commonly used.

Thank you for the response. We are using go daddy and for the name for the CNAME record I am just entering "event" as the sub domain and not adding the full domain to it as godaddy auto appends this to it. 

mgstark

@sparkteamww that sounds correct for the CNAME, did you also add the TXT record that is provided from Zoom with the name as "_acme-branding" and the contents of the record that is provided?

Yes I also applied the txt record that was generated by zoom. I saw in another post that someone was able to put an A record and a CName record and it worked for them. When I tried that it would not let me as the A name record already had the value of events. 

Thank you for your help. I just opened a ticket with zoom hopefully they will be able to assist