cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using summary and AI

Angusjd
Listener

I tried to create a summary of a 2 hour meeting last night but nothing has arrived in my email.

So I tried a test meeting today (with just myself!) and I spoke for a few minutes having clicked "start summary" at the beginning and "stop summary" at the end. I did get an email this time, but it says

"****'s Zoom Meeting could not be generated due to insufficient transcript."

What am I doing wrong? I'm not sure what kind of account I have, but it is a paid for version.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Angusjd

Similar to cloud recording processing times, the longer the meeting, the longer it will take to generate the summary and provide that to you. We don't have an exact ratio available yet, but we're working to get those times consistent. 

If you still haven't received the summary for that meeting, I'd suggest submitting a request with Zoom Support, so that we can officially look into this meeting and see if something is stuck in processing. 

Hi @Bort 

Does your team have a timeline on when you'll know long or conversation heavy Zoom meetings will have to be in order to trigger a generated transcript? The AI Companion Summary will be a very useful tool for my company, however, just as Angusjd encountered, I was also met with the "insufficient transcript" error in my test recordings.

My concern is relying on this feature on all of my business calls, but either they comeback insufficient or, as Angusjd pointed out, the summary is lost to the void. 

Please let us know at your earliest convenience, thank you!

Bort

HI @JakeTakes 

I totally understand and keep pushing the associated teams to provide a processing timeframe they can consistently achieve. 

I am also curious as to how long my meetings need to be to trigger the AI summary generator, as this is a very important feature I need form my business.