cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting summary in the wrong language

yabbie
Listener

Just got off a meeting and received the AI summary... in Japanese when we were all speaking English. I have no idea how to change it to English or why it was in Japanese in the first place. How to ensure the summary stays in English?

(all participants are in Japan, but ironically it's an English conversation club)

5 REPLIES 5

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @yabbie, thank you for reaching out via the Zoom Community. 

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by not receiving the meeting summary in your preferred language. Based on my understanding, if the captions for the meeting were enabled in Japanese, the meeting summary will be generated in the language set for captions. You can learn more here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0058013#languages

I hope this helps!

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi folks did you find a solution for this? Just had a call that was fully in English, when the meeting AI notes came it it was in Filipino (local language in Philippines). How do we set it to use English? (which is also one of our official languages)

eterna01
Listener

Hi the same thing has happened here. The captions for the meeting was in English. But the meeting summary was  generated into a local language. 

slangley
Listener

We're having the same issue.

Meeting held in English, captions set to English on the host running AI Companion

Transcripts have been generated in French and Czech.

Is there a definitive answer on how to stop this and to be able to set the transcription language, setting at a global level would be ideal.

kwestman
Listener

My English speaking speaker had a HINDI accent and and the summary is in HINDI.  Trying to get the summary into English!