cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit settings - Locked by Adm but I am the only owner of the account

AMZ
Explorer
Explorer

All my meetings are being recorded by the AI componion WITHOUT my consent. If I go to settings, AI companion, I see that the feature has been locked by the Admin. I have a private account (hence no adm) and the system will not allow me to grant myself ADMIN rights. 
I have written 3 times to zoom support and I receive the same answer: Go to settings!! I have attached screenshots showing the feature is locked and I keep on receiving the same answer!! 
It is against the law in Switzerland to record my meetings without my consent, yet they keep on doing this. Please help!!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@AMZ - You can check if anyone signing into your account by looking in the Reports->User Activity Logs->Sign In/Sign Out.  The Reports tab is in the Account Management menu in the bottom left, just under the Account Settings you were looking in.  

If your Account Settings is not locked on for AI, then you need to submit a support ticket since, as owner, you should be able to update the account settings without restrictions, and should be able to lock that value off.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

colegs

@AMZ - I do not see your screenshots, but it sounds like you are trying to change the settings in your personal settings, but they are locked at the account level.  Can you please go to the Account Management->Account Settings menu on the left hand side of the web portal and see if you can update the settings there?

AMZ
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me!! I have done that, but I apparently I am not authorized to make any changes. This is really bizarre. I fear that my account may have been hacked as I had someone trying to enter my meeting room in the middle of the night and AI companion started recording the next day and my settings were all blocked from the next day too. Unfortunately it looks like I am unable to reset this. I have tried to contact customer service to not avail. In Switzerland where I live it is illegal to record meetings without my consent so I am contemplating to report this to my attorney. 

AMZ
Explorer
Explorer

It is a pity that one cannot attached screenshots here. 

colegs

@AMZ - You can check if anyone signing into your account by looking in the Reports->User Activity Logs->Sign In/Sign Out.  The Reports tab is in the Account Management menu in the bottom left, just under the Account Settings you were looking in.  

If your Account Settings is not locked on for AI, then you need to submit a support ticket since, as owner, you should be able to update the account settings without restrictions, and should be able to lock that value off.

AMZ
Explorer
Explorer

Thank You again. Yes, I finally managed to get a response for my support ticket and I could change the settings.

I appreciate your help! Many, many thanks and best regards. 

Pipes
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same problem- single user and many features are LOCKED BY ADMIN- what settings did you change to remove the LOCKED BY ADMIN? 

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Pipes.

If you are the only user on your account, you are the admin. You can change the lock state by clicking on the Lock icon. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

<top> 

AMZ
Explorer
Explorer

I fully understand you. Yes, you are the administrator but Yes, you cannot change the lock stage whatever they tell you to click. I am computer savy and tried everything. There was a problem in the system and finally after summitting 3 tickets, I regained my administrator status. There must be a bug in the system right now. Please try submitting a ticket to get support with your problem. 

colegs

@AMZ - I just wanted to verify that you now have your admin rights back, the setting is unlocked and you are good at this point, correct?

Yes, thanks. That is what I said. Some hours after I placed a ticket, the issue was solved without comments. But it was solved. And this is not a solution I could implement myself. I had nothing to do with changing any settings at the account level as that was just simply locked and not possible to do. Thanks for asking.