cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas on how an AI summary is being sent to someone not in the meeting invite?

canisrufus
Explorer
Explorer

In our Zoom settings, we have AI summary set to "Only me (meeting host) and meeting invitees in our organization".  When I look at my meeting invite both in Zoom and in Outlook, this person is not on the invite list (nor should they be).  There is a chance, however, that they were invited to the meeting at one point in time as a one off - would that cause it?  This is a reoccurring, scheduled meeting.  I don't know what else to check so am looking for ideas on how this is happening.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Lynn - great suggestion - we were going to do that, actually we were going to have it just be sent to the meeting leader and then have them send it out manually to the folks of their choosing.  However!  We figured out how this happens and I thought I would post it here in case anyone else runs into the same issue (thank you for your reply as it reminded me to do so).

The integration between Microsoft Outlook and Zoom is not ideal - if you update the meeting on the Outlook calendar it does not automatically update it on the Zoom meeting itself.  In this particular case, someone who had previously been in the attendees list had been removed from the meeting in Outlook, but not directly from the Zoom meeting itself. We have advised folks (to keep it fairly easy) if they are going to remove people from Outlook meetings that include Zoom, to just cancel that series of meetings and start a new one with the the attendee list.  Hope this helps any future people having this same issue!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lynn895
Contributor I
Contributor I

You could turn off AI summary sharing entirely and get it from the Zoom portal each time to avoid any risk. There is also a marketplace app, Salepager, for sharing the Zoom AI summary that gives you greater control over who to share it with.

Hi Lynn - great suggestion - we were going to do that, actually we were going to have it just be sent to the meeting leader and then have them send it out manually to the folks of their choosing.  However!  We figured out how this happens and I thought I would post it here in case anyone else runs into the same issue (thank you for your reply as it reminded me to do so).

The integration between Microsoft Outlook and Zoom is not ideal - if you update the meeting on the Outlook calendar it does not automatically update it on the Zoom meeting itself.  In this particular case, someone who had previously been in the attendees list had been removed from the meeting in Outlook, but not directly from the Zoom meeting itself. We have advised folks (to keep it fairly easy) if they are going to remove people from Outlook meetings that include Zoom, to just cancel that series of meetings and start a new one with the the attendee list.  Hope this helps any future people having this same issue!