cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send Zoom meeting summaries to Salesforce?

shanrahan17
Listener

The Zoom auto-summaries are already really good. I'd like to send these to Salesforce. 

Seems like it should be possible because Zoom has the @domain.com from the emails and so it could match that to the domain on the account in our Salesforce and add a note there. Even better would be to search for an open opportunity on the account and make a note there  if there is indeed an open opp. 

Has anyone done this that could provide some guidance on the best way to go about it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @shanrahan17 

Unfortunately, AI Companion features currently have no API calls that can be used by integrations to pull this data into their services from Zoom. I know we will be releasing some API calls specific to AI Companion features soon, but not sure exactly when and what these API calls will support. Even when these new APIs are available, it will likely take a bit of additional time for developers to implement these into their integrations to provide these functionalities. 

When these new APIs are available, they should be called out in the Developer Changelog: https://devsupport.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/10007372381325-Developer-Changelog

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ali012
Listener

Integrating Zoom meeting summaries with Salesforce can streamline your workflow. Here's a general guide on how you might achieve this:

1. **Using Zapier or Integration Tools:** Zapier is a popular integration tool that connects various apps. You can create a "Zap" that triggers when a Zoom meeting ends and sends the summary to Salesforce as a new record or log.

2. **Zoom's Webhooks or APIs:** Zoom offers APIs that allow you to retrieve meeting information. You can use these APIs to fetch meeting summaries and then create a custom script or integration to push this data into Salesforce.

3. **Third-Party Apps or Plugins:** Explore third-party apps or plugins that specialize in integrating Zoom with Salesforce. These tools often provide a more streamlined and user-friendly approach for syncing meeting data.

4. **Manual Entry or Export-Import:** If no direct integration option is available, you might manually enter the meeting summaries into Salesforce or export Zoom meeting reports and import them into Salesforce as needed.

Consider the security and privacy aspects when integrating or transferring data between platforms. Always use authorized methods and ensure compliance with data protection regulations. Additionally, the specific steps may vary based on your Salesforce configuration and the tools you use for integration.

Bort

Hi @shanrahan17 

Unfortunately, AI Companion features currently have no API calls that can be used by integrations to pull this data into their services from Zoom. I know we will be releasing some API calls specific to AI Companion features soon, but not sure exactly when and what these API calls will support. Even when these new APIs are available, it will likely take a bit of additional time for developers to implement these into their integrations to provide these functionalities. 

When these new APIs are available, they should be called out in the Developer Changelog: https://devsupport.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/10007372381325-Developer-Changelog

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

shanrahan17
Listener

Thanks @Bort . Is there any way my company could get access to the pre-release to help test it for you? 

Bort

Hi @shanrahan17 

I have no control or say in that, or even if its possible. You might contact Developer Support to see if they can facilitate that for you.