cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer executable file via chat file transfer

kmckay83113
Listener

I work for a software development company and we have the need to send program updates to clients frequently. Sometimes, these updates include executable files. If I zip up files and part of those files is an executable, the zip file transfers via the chat file transfer without any issues. If I simply try to transfer an exectuable file, it blocks it for security purposes. I have the setting turned on that allows any file type to be transferred. Does anyone have experience with sending executable files by themselves or know what I need to do to accomplish this? I blacked out the file name in the print screen for privacy purposes. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ah, @kmckay83113, You need to put .exe into a .zip file, then you should be able to send it as a .zip file

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

@kmckay83113 unfortunately, due to security reasons (as you indicated), this file type cannot be uploaded.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @kmckay83113, you may have only specific file types enabled. If you go to https://zoom.us/profile/setting, and scroll to 'Send files via meeting chat' and '

Allow only specified file types' be checked this may be where the file type you're trying to share is 'blocked'. Or 'Send files via meeting chat' is just disabled

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I typed a note. Not sure if it posted or not. If so, sorry you got this message twice!

My settings are like this: Send files via meeting chat is turned on. Allow only specified file types is unchecked. Maximu, file size is unchecked.

I cannot send a .exe file currently even with those settings. I have to send any .exe file to a compressed zip file and then transfer the zip file. If I try to simply send the .exe file, I get the message saying the file is blocked. 

Is there somethign else I can do so I don't have to zip my .exe files before transferring?

Ah, @kmckay83113, You need to put .exe into a .zip file, then you should be able to send it as a .zip file

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Didn't mean to accept. I can do that no problem. Just was wondering if there is a way to allow sending it without zipping up the .exe file. 

@kmckay83113 unfortunately, due to security reasons (as you indicated), this file type cannot be uploaded.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his