cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Group Chat Messages

Ner
Listener

Hi,

Do you guys know if there is a way to Schedule Group Messages?
I send various messages regularly to my group and it would be great if I could skip always posting them manually.
Reminders are a great option in the Chat but I would like to schedule them instead, ahead of time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Davidball
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @yakrebma - I wanted to make sure that you were aware that you can schedule messages to be sent at a later time in Team Chat. You can do this by typing out a message then hitting the down arrow next to the send button.

Scheduled Message.png

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Ner 

Unfortunately, that is not currently possible with Zoom. 

If you would like to submit any product feedback, I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

Jrya
Listener

Did Zoom pick this feature yet? Zoom chat seems pretty old school for a user switching from Slack... inserting hyperlink in the text of a chat is painful, can't schedule chat sends, hyperlinks to docs in the synced drive doesn't give previews while posting.

Hamilton-Zoomie
Participant | Zoom Employee

Scheduled messages is targeting a release later in Q2 or Q3 after the release of Drafts, which contains a section in the top left that will host draft messages and then allow a user to schedule a message to send later.

I have not experienced any issues with links in Team Chat described above.  Feel free to either paste a link into a Team Chat message and send or use the format button to craft the text of the link.  You an easily share a message that already contains a link or quote the message as well.

As for features compared to Slack, few are missing, but Zoom has most and then offers a lot of features in chat that Slack can't or doesn't offer.

Hi Hamilton,
Thank you for the info.
Do you know if scheduled messages are going to be repeatable? (Like in a calendar, for example: repeat every 3 months.) I have groups starting every 3 months and that would resolve having to repeat the entries manually.
Thanks. 🙂

Hamilton-Zoomie

@Ner  Its under consideration, but has not had the highest priority.  Will keep an eye out for it for you.

Hey @Hamilton-Zoomie any updates on when the scheduled send and drafts updates will be released?  We're getting close to wrapping up 2023 soon and these are both on the top of my wish list for Zoom chat 😊

Davidball
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @yakrebma - I wanted to make sure that you were aware that you can schedule messages to be sent at a later time in Team Chat. You can do this by typing out a message then hitting the down arrow next to the send button.

Scheduled Message.png

Yes, thank you. 😊

@Davidball - it seems that this feature doesn't exist on MacOS, or do I miss something

fm07
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

i need this feature too

Hamilton-Zoomie

Is everyone taking advantage of the scheduled message feature?

Where does this feature appear in Zoom Chat?

Diregard, I found it!