cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mentioned you filter

MikeGDTE
Listener

I am having difficulty in understanding what the @ Mentioned you filter actually does.

I have lots of chats with various contacts and as such I guess that these mention me as one of the correspondents.  If that is the case when I click on the filter I should see a lot of chats listed but nothing shows other than the “Messages will appear here every time you are mentioned” screen message.

Can anyone explain how this feature should work please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@MikeGDTE it is using your name as found in your profile (which is how people should see you in their contacts).  So if your name is Mike Green, then you should be able to enter '@' in a chat that both accounts are in and it will start suggesting the names of all the members of that chat so you can select '@Mike Green'. 

Note: there has to be more that just the 2 of you in the chat/channel for this to work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, Mike

I understand below.

The Mention function of the chat is used by the sender when he/she wants the other party to be sure (or hurry up) to see it because it is important.
This is because if you have a large number of chats, you may miss some chats without noticing them coming in.
"Mentioned you" will show the messages that have been mentioned to you.

(Unfortunately, I have never actually received any mentions of my messages, as the Zoom chat mentions feature itself is new and not many people use it.)

colegs

@MikeGDTE , to be clear, it also only catches where you are mentioned using '@' and your user name, not just if they mention your name in the change and don't reference you....

Thanks for posting reply. I have tried that using @myusername (presume this is the email address used to register my Zoom account).  I tested using a second account but nothing us shown in the Mentioned you list.

colegs

@MikeGDTE it is using your name as found in your profile (which is how people should see you in their contacts).  So if your name is Mike Green, then you should be able to enter '@' in a chat that both accounts are in and it will start suggesting the names of all the members of that chat so you can select '@Mike Green'. 

Note: there has to be more that just the 2 of you in the chat/channel for this to work.

Hi colegs

Ah OK - got that now - I was testing between 2 contacts

Thank you