cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folders in Chat for contacts not showing up on mobile device

tbarry
Listener

In v5.10.0 of Zoom, a feature was added "Folders for grouping chats and channels".  This is a great feature and I took to it right away organizing people into folders.  However, if you do this, and then try to access those contacts on your mobile device, the folders and the contacts do not show up.  The only way to get someone to show up on the mobile device is to "star" them.  Is there a plan to update the mobile app to include these folders?  

If I star someone on the mobile app that is already in a folder on the desktop, they stay in the folder on the desktop and there is a choice to "unstar" them.  This is not a good alternative. 

2 REPLIES 2

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

HI @tbarry 

As noted in the release notes, folders are currently only available for the Windows and macOS Zoom clients. Its possible this will be available for the mobile apps in the future, but I am not aware of any ETA for that. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

tbarry
Listener

@Bort  thanks.  Even if folders are not supported in the mobile app, it would be good to have the contacts that were added to the desktop folders be in the mobile app even if not under a folder.  Right now, they don't show up at all and you have to add each of the people you added on your desktop into your mobile app.  Very tedious and not helpful at all.